Adelaide mental health nusing

Old Apr 18th 2009, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

ozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really nice
Default Adelaide mental health nusing

Hi

any mental health nurses in Adelaide who could tell me about working there ??
haven't got visa yet, but heard that there are plenty vacancies in Adelaide ??
What its like compared to the UK ?? I am in contact with an agency which is trying to fill positions with the Northern Adelaide health service.
I'd be very grateful for any advice/ info/ insight.

Thanks

Ozbaz
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice
Default Re: Adelaide mental health nusing

Hi Ozbaz, i dont work in mental health so can't be really speciafic (though i am an RN) Check out http://www.adelaide.edu.au/library/g...h/mentadd.html
Which will give you a starting point when you arrive here, I would suggest that before you tie yourself into a contract of any sort you perhaps sign on for an agency, you will then be able to pick and chose where to work (within reason obviously) but the rates are better, you can chose your shifts and if you really dont like the place you can request not to be sent there again. .
There are also a number of private hospitals/units you could chose to work.
Best of luck
Maria
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

elaineallanw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide mental health nusing

[QUOTE=ozbaz;7490816]Hi

any mental health nurses in Adelaide who could tell me about working there ??
haven't got visa yet, but heard that there are plenty vacancies in Adelaide ??
What its like compared to the UK ?? I am in contact with an agency which is trying to fill positions with the Northern Adelaide health service.
I'd be very grateful for any advice/ info/ insight.

Thanks

Ozbaz[/QUOTE

Try NASANSB, nursing agency, there is work and will get busier as Winter is nearly here. In my opinion you will get a job anywhere. I am biased and love living in the South, nice beaches. I would agree don't lock yourself in to a contract yet!

Last edited by elaineallanw; Apr 30th 2009 at 12:34 pm. Reason: Added something