Academic transcripts

Old Sep 6th 2012, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

renalnurse is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Academic transcripts

Hi

I'm new to this, so sorry if these questions have been asked before, but there are so many posts to read.
Also this is my first ever post, so deep breath and here goes.

I'm a RN, just started getting my docs together to apply to APHRA. I've got my academic transcript for my diploma and degree but I'm having difficulty getting anything for my training and secondary education.
My training is a problem, as I trained in 1989 and the School of Nursing no longer exists. Although my high school is still standing (despite my ripe old age) my secondary education is a problem as no one seems to know what I need.
I still have all my original certificates.
Will these suffice as my 'proof of 5 years taught English?
Thanks in anticipation
Old Sep 6th 2012, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

GilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Academic transcripts

Originally Posted by renalnurse
Hi

I'm new to this, so sorry if these questions have been asked before, but there are so many posts to read.
Also this is my first ever post, so deep breath and here goes.

I'm a RN, just started getting my docs together to apply to APHRA. I've got my academic transcript for my diploma and degree but I'm having difficulty getting anything for my training and secondary education.
My training is a problem, as I trained in 1989 and the School of Nursing no longer exists. Although my high school is still standing (despite my ripe old age) my secondary education is a problem as no one seems to know what I need.
I still have all my original certificates.
Will these suffice as my 'proof of 5 years taught English?
Thanks in anticipation
You will need the academic syllabus sent directly by the University to APHRA.

Ask for a transcript from the NMC, if they still have it they will send it, otherwise they send the EU Directive your training had to adhere to at the time. APHRA will accept this.

Do your original certificates state the name of the school? Only some of mine did. I aske dthe school to write a letter stating I had attended the school between dates and that I had been taught and assessed in English, this too was accepted.

Good luck.
Old Sep 7th 2012, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks GilreanH,
The school of nursing I attended no longer exists and I can't work out who has taken over.
The info on the NMC is great, I'll get the info I need through them,

thanks again
Old Sep 13th 2012, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Academic transcripts

Do your original certificates state the name of the school? Only some of mine did. I aske dthe school to write a letter stating I had attended the school between dates and that I had been taught and assessed in English, this too was accepted.

Good luck. [/QUOTE]

You can do a stat dec stating the school / years and the fact that they were taught in English including any collage/ uni done to get your nursing so 3 years for nursing diploma and then top up for degree? that should cover the 5 years
Old Sep 17th 2012, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

that's great Shenni thanks.
this may sound like a daft question, but who writes the stat dec? Is it something I can just type up and sign? Does this need to be countersigned by Notary or JotP?
thanks
Old Sep 18th 2012, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by renalnurse
that's great Shenni thanks.
this may sound like a daft question, but who writes the stat dec? Is it something I can just type up and sign? Does this need to be countersigned by Notary or JotP?
thanks
Hiya, its something you can type up and sign in front of a JP or Notary ........DO NOT SIGN alone, I took mine along with all the other docs when I got mine signed.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

great, thanks Shenni