457 to adelaide + relocation package?

Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:52 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457 to adelaide + relocation package?

Originally Posted by Lyx
Sherie is it only agency work available in QLD right now, thats worrying, I have PR but really need the stability of permanent work.....
I would find that hard to believe as it is much more cost effective for hosps to have permenant staff than agency!, also more cost effective for "casual', agency is they're last port of call!

Last edited by Margaret3; Jun 8th 2010 at 11:56 am.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Margaret3
I would find that hard to believe as it is much more cost effective for hosps to have permenant staff than agency!, also more cost effective for "casual', agency is they're last port of call!
I'm just making the point there are jobs for nurses but not neccessily permanent jobs in hospitals. Theres heaps of agency work in Brisbane and all over Aus if you talk to the nursing agencies. One recruiter last week told me she had 400 hours of work she could not fill, another had 250 shifts she could not fill so there's heaps of agency work for nurses and a reluctance by many hospitals to offer 457 sponsorships and permanent nurse jobs at the moment.

QLD for instance is running a huge financial deficit at the moment and QLD Health workers recently didnt get paid for over a month so its not as simple as the above poster says.
A friend who is a registered nurse with many years experience regularly earns between $40-80 per hour hour as an agency nurse doing nights, and on one shift last week 4 out of 5 registered nurses on her shift were agency nurses so this illustrates my point.Look to agencies for work as well as hospitals!!
Old Jun 10th 2010, 10:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sherie_in_oz
I'm just making the point there are jobs for nurses but not neccessily permanent jobs in hospitals. Theres heaps of agency work in Brisbane and all over Aus if you talk to the nursing agencies. One recruiter last week told me she had 400 hours of work she could not fill, another had 250 shifts she could not fill so there's heaps of agency work for nurses and a reluctance by many hospitals to offer 457 sponsorships and permanent nurse jobs at the moment.

QLD for instance is running a huge financial deficit at the moment and QLD Health workers recently didnt get paid for over a month so its not as simple as the above poster says.
A friend who is a registered nurse with many years experience regularly earns between $40-80 per hour hour as an agency nurse doing nights, and on one shift last week 4 out of 5 registered nurses on her shift were agency nurses so this illustrates my point.Look to agencies for work as well as hospitals!!

Your friend is being ripped off, i earn $92 per hour agency!, thats for a normal day shift during the week, more for weekends ! and $45 casual!, and my permenant part-time is 34 bucks per hour!

Last edited by Margaret3; Jun 10th 2010 at 10:26 am.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

LoveAlab will become famous soon enoughLoveAlab will become famous soon enough

When I worked agency in Melbourne I earned a lot more than agency in Brisbane. The agency pay are a lot less in Brisbane
Old Aug 13th 2010, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

Zeneco26 is on a distinguished road

Hi There,
I have just been offered a job in the Alfred in Melbourne. They have quite a few jobs in their website. I applied directly to them. They are offering me the 457 visa and $1500 + pick from airport.
I am lucky my partner has been offered a job also in Melbourne with his company and we will get all the relocation package from him.
They expect me to start on the 8th November, but I still have to do the IELTS exam and send paperwork for registration.... I am being very optimistic but I am hoping to start by then! (is that too far-fetched?)
Thanks!
Old Aug 14th 2010, 8:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Zeneco26
Hi There,
I have just been offered a job in the Alfred in Melbourne. They have quite a few jobs in their website. I applied directly to them. They are offering me the 457 visa and $1500 + pick from airport.
I am lucky my partner has been offered a job also in Melbourne with his company and we will get all the relocation package from him.
They expect me to start on the 8th November, but I still have to do the IELTS exam and send paperwork for registration.... I am being very optimistic but I am hoping to start by then! (is that too far-fetched?)
Thanks!
I think it is a tad optimistic, from memory my registration took around 5 months
Old Aug 14th 2010, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Zeneco26 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info. There is just so much!! Do we still need not do the skill migration assessment? The one that is $700??? thanks
Old Aug 15th 2010, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

QLD for instance is running a huge financial deficit at the moment and QLD Health workers recently didnt get paid for over a month so its not as simple as the above poster says. A friend who is a registered nurse with many years experience regularly earns between $40-80 per hour hour as an agency nurse doing nights, and on one shift last week 4 out of 5 registered nurses on her shift were agency nurses so this illustrates my point.Look to agencies for work as well as hospitals!!
I would just like to point out that the issues with pay in QLD Health were to do with a change in system & not a lack of money & those issues persist still.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 5:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
I would just like to point out that the issues with pay in QLD Health were to do with a change in system & not a lack of money & those issues persist still.
I'd echo that Sally; nothing to do with QHealth being in financial trouble, its down to the intsallation of a new computerised pay system.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

lindylui is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lyx
Sherie is it only agency work available in QLD right now, thats worrying, I have PR but really need the stability of permanent work.....
Hi Lyn, check out Queensland Health website, there are heaps of jobs advertised. CareerOne.com and Seek.com are good sites for nursing.
When i came overfrom Scotland i was on a 457 visa, the employer paid the one way ticket, $800 towards accomodation. But trying to get the real cost on the one way ticket took months. Some places offer relocation packages, ask at ur interview. Im moving from SA to the Gold Coast and unfortunalty i didnt ask about it at the interview so they couldnt offer me anything. Feel free to message me if you have any questions
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Mittens is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zeneco26
Hi There,
Thanks!
Was just wondering how many years experience you have? I am newly qualified and have been told I need a minimum of 2 years.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mittens
Was just wondering how many years experience you have? I am newly qualified and have been told I need a minimum of 2 years.
You could try applying for new grad place but lots of competition for those. You can go for PR with 2 yrs exp, which is good. Is age an issue for you 'cos if not, going for PR is your best option.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

thehoffmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just making the point there are jobs for nurses but not neccessily permanent jobs in hospitals.
Yep, that is indeed very worrying for those of us that are planning to make the move to QLD next year!
Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Mittens is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
You could try applying for new grad place but lots of competition for those. You can go for PR with 2 yrs exp, which is good. Is age an issue for you 'cos if not, going for PR is your best option.
Yes, age is an issue as I turn 40 next year. I have decided to apply for my Australian Nursing reg and then apply for jobs. I will have to give 1 month notice and apply for my visa anyway.

From what I have read on this site I will then have 6 - 9 month experience so may be in a slightly better position to find jobs. I am planning on sending my CV to hospitals directly as many agencies want more experience. The plan is then to go on a 457 Temp visa and apply for PR after a year of being in oz.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you are under 45, you have time!
Have you checked out your visa options on the Immi website, putting in various scenarios?

Good luck whatever you decide!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.