457 to 136pr, Changed my mind again!!

Old May 14th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice
Default 457 to 136pr, Changed my mind again!!

Hello all,
please tell me im doing the right thing!
After much deliberation I've decided that im going to apply for 136pr instead of going sponsered. This leaves me in a bit of an awkward position as i have already accepted a sponsored post in a private hospital through an agency and now i need to tell them that i've changed my mind!
Im dreading it as they have been so nice. I do know however that they are only thinking of number 1 (and the $4000 recruitment fee!!) and i have to do the same!
I just really need to feel like i have some security when i get there, ill also be better off in a state hospital AND i'll be entitled to some benefits. All round it just seems the better option, only down side is i'll have to spend a bit longer in the rain!!
You thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated (long as they dont make me change my mind again!!)
Thanks
Bobbie xx
Old May 14th 2007, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 457 to 136pr, Changed my mind again!!

If I had the choice I would be going 136 as gives you the independance of leaving if you dont like somewhere as well as all the other benefits. As you are a nurse in MODL the chances are you will be fast tracked anyway. if company that nice they will wait for you. if not, there are loads of jobs out there to be had
Go for it
Old May 14th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bobbie
Hello all,
After much deliberation I've decided that im going to apply for 136pr instead of going sponsered. This leaves me in a bit of an awkward position as i have already accepted a sponsored post in a private hospital through an agency and now i need to tell them that i've changed my mind!
Im dreading it as they have been so nice. I do know however that they are only thinking of number 1 (and the $4000 recruitment fee!!) and i have to do the same!
I just really need to feel like i have some security when i get there, ill also be better off in a state hospital AND i'll be entitled to some benefits. All round it just seems the better option, only down side is i'll have to spend a bit longer in the rain!!
You thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated (long as they dont make me change my mind again!!)
Thanks
Bobbie xx
Ive done pretty much the same. Had a job offer in perth with a private hospital. Interview in London etc etc and they really nice and would have prob gone before xmas (on 457).

However, after more research, i choose to wait and apply for a 136 visa instead (i didnt have the 12months then, got 14months now).

I think that a huge move across the world requires a bit more flexibility and security than the 457 provides. I shall being going on my own, but i have nothing but admiration for those selling houses and moving children to Oz on a 457 visa. i think its very brave.

I 100% think ive done the right thing by waiting, and def agree that you've done the right thing too.

Ade S
Old May 14th 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice

Thanx for the words of wisdom, its nice to hear. Only problem now is filling in bl**dy ANMC form. Filling in modified assessment as already have QNC reg. Do i need to get NMC to send verification again or will QNC send it if i ask them nicely?! Does anyone know if i can do it online??
Bobbie
Old May 14th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Thanx for the words of wisdom, its nice to hear. Only problem now is filling in bl**dy ANMC form. Filling in modified assessment as already have QNC reg. Do i need to get NMC to send verification again or will QNC send it if i ask them nicely?! Does anyone know if i can do it online??
Bobbie
For modified, you need to QNC to send verification to the ANMC, as NMC wouldnt/couldnt know that you are registered with the QNC.
Old May 14th 2007, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
For modified, you need to QNC to send verification to the ANMC, as NMC wouldnt/couldnt know that you are registered with the QNC.
I really should take a breath and read the forms properly!! I've read it through properly now and my head is clearing! More haste, less speed (i think)
Thanks
Old May 15th 2007, 2:10 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,
If they are not willing to immediately sponsor you for a permanent ENS visa then you shouldn't feel too guilty. (presumably you mean a temporary sponsored visa).
Old May 15th 2007, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
If they are not willing to immediately sponsor you for a permanent ENS visa then you shouldn't feel too guilty. (presumably you mean a temporary sponsored visa).
I know i shouldnt but cant help feeling a little guilty, the agency have put a lot of effort in for me due to my specific requirments (cant do nights etc). But like i said before, i have to think of the security for me and my little boy first.
Old May 16th 2007, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

I decided on PR after accepting a sponsored post. It took approx 2 months longer to get here but I have no regrets. I see a lots of nurses on temp visa's trying to cut their hours, change wards ect and come up against a brick wall. PR has certainly given me more stability.
jacqui
Old May 16th 2007, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Hello all,
Thanks
Bobbie xx

You are ABSOLUTELY doing the right thing. I came over as Permanent Resident on 136 visa and have worked 22hours a week since! You dont even have to work as a nurse if you are a permanent resident. We have just become Australian Citizens too which would have taken so much longer if I had done the temp visa thing.
Dont get me wrong, I did think about it and believed it would be quicker but my PR visa took three weeks to come through...honestly, 3 weeks! I frontloaded the whole application, made it easy for them to process it, and hey presto.
The other thing which put me off, and which incidentally friends have gone through, is that you have to pay for kids school if you are on temp visa, you have to work full time and you are also restricted to a particular hospital. PR can be obtained once you are here, but you then have to have the hospital sponsor you for it and it all seems quite complicated. Believe me you wont regret doing it this way.
I work in a public hospital and the pay and conditions are better (close friend works in private and is treated like a housemaid!)
Old May 16th 2007, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rumbletum
You are ABSOLUTELY doing the right thing. I came over as Permanent Resident on 136 visa and have worked 22hours a week since! You dont even have to work as a nurse if you are a permanent resident. We have just become Australian Citizens too which would have taken so much longer if I had done the temp visa thing.
Dont get me wrong, I did think about it and believed it would be quicker but my PR visa took three weeks to come through...honestly, 3 weeks! I frontloaded the whole application, made it easy for them to process it, and hey presto.
The other thing which put me off, and which incidentally friends have gone through, is that you have to pay for kids school if you are on temp visa, you have to work full time and you are also restricted to a particular hospital. PR can be obtained once you are here, but you then have to have the hospital sponsor you for it and it all seems quite complicated. Believe me you wont regret doing it this way.
I work in a public hospital and the pay and conditions are better (close friend works in private and is treated like a housemaid!)
Thankyou, thankyou thankyou,
your words of support mean so much. The nursing agency are telling me that 457 is best for me!! How!!?? they cant tell me that. My modified skills assessment has gone off to ANMC now so im on the road to 136!! Yipee, Fingers and toes crossed for a three week turn around!! (in my dreams)
Thanks again
Bobbie XX
Old May 17th 2007, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Thankyou, thankyou thankyou,
your words of support mean so much. The nursing agency are telling me that 457 is best for me!! How!!?? they cant tell me that. My modified skills assessment has gone off to ANMC now so im on the road to 136!! Yipee, Fingers and toes crossed for a three week turn around!! (in my dreams)
Thanks again
Bobbie XX
You are sooooooooo welcome, us nurses have to stick together. Dont worry about the nursing agency, these guys make a fortune here as well as in UK .. you have to do what is the right thing for you and your family and with all the changes you are going to face,I think it would be hard to live with the restrictions of a 457 visa.
Good luck in your application, I think it was a fluke that mine was so quick but you never know, we are still in demand over here!!
Old May 18th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Best of luck Bobby you are doing the right thing
Old May 22nd 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

AndyandAnge will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rumbletum

Hi my wife has a telephone interview for mater hospital in Brisbane and the call is from manchester on 23rd may. They and i know they will want her in on a 457 (Tie her down ) but we need to go on a 136 as we have 4 children and the child benefit and free schools is a must plus other benefits so we will see how pushy they are and either turn them down or you never know they might meet our request! who knows

Will keep you all informed on the outcome tomorrow
Old May 22nd 2007, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Best of Luck to your wife 136 is best visa for us families was told that during my interview last week stand your ground

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.