20 hours per week requirement

Old Jun 20th 2009, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

BuckarooBanzai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 20 hours per week requirement

Hi Britishexpats,

is there anyone of you who has worked exactly 12 months with exactly 20 hours (not one more hour) a week and who got his/her visa (the 175 in particular)?

I meen , one would absolutely satisfy the basic requirement (of recent work experience) of the 175, that`s for sure. But could there be the slightest chance to get rejected because of the "thin borderline"?

Maybe there is an answer out there? Anyone who could give me an example?

Thank you so much

cheers
Old Jun 20th 2009, 10:05 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20 hours per week requirement

Originally Posted by BuckarooBanzai
Hi Britishexpats,

is there anyone of you who has worked exactly 12 months with exactly 20 hours (not one more hour) a week and who got his/her visa (the 175 in particular)?

I meen , one would absolutely satisfy the basic requirement (of recent work experience) of the 175, that`s for sure. But could there be the slightest chance to get rejected because of the "thin borderline"?

Maybe there is an answer out there? Anyone who could give me an example?

Thank you so much

cheers
its defined in the eligibility section of the requirements for the 175 visa;
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ence-study.htm

''Recent work experience requirement
To meet the recent work experience requirement, you must demonstrate that you have been employed:

in an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
for at least 20 hours a week
in a paid position
for at least 12 of the 24 months immediately before lodging your visa application''

... its pretty self explanatory - its ''at least 20 hours'' not more than 20 hours

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:50 am
Just Joined

BuckarooBanzai is an unknown quantity at this point

@tiredwithtwins thanks for your answer.

I just thought about the fact that there are so many registered nurses out there who can provide far more work experience in hours and years. And the DIAC is in the powerful position to pick the best suitable ones as they have a big choice of applicants.

Long days and pleasent nights!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 5:40 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckarooBanzai
@tiredwithtwins thanks for your answer.

I just thought about the fact that there are so many registered nurses out there who can provide far more work experience in hours and years. And the DIAC is in the powerful position to pick the best suitable ones as they have a big choice of applicants.

Long days and pleasent nights!
providing you fulfill the criteria you should be successful