136 Visa sent - when will DIMIA contact us???

Old Dec 21st 2004, 5:31 pm
ad4ozz

Question 136 Visa sent - when will DIMIA contact us???

Our 136 Skilled independant visa got to Oz 10th Dec 2004. How long is usually before DIMIA contact you?

We front loaded police checks and form 80 but still need medicals.

Old Dec 21st 2004, 6:06 pm
ad4ozz

Smile Re: 136 Visa sent - when will DIMIA contact us???

Can get medical within a week but we are stuck till we get reply off DIMIA as don't want to send them without a case number as you here so many stories of them going to wrong place or being lost.

Should be able to apply for number at start so can tag everything.....aaaaaaaaaaahhhh... .

Thanks for the timeline.

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future
Default Re: 136 Visa sent - when will DIMIA contact us???

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Our 136 Skilled independant visa got to Oz 10th Dec 2004. How long is usually before DIMIA contact you?

We front loaded police checks and form 80 but still need medicals.
Hi
Our 136 visa was sent more or less the same time as yours. DIMIA took the money from credit card on 7 December. We have already had our medicals but they were sent to Sydney without a case number so I'm hoping they will be ok. We have just sent our police checks to our agent. I will keep a track of your progress via forum and will let you know if we hear anything before you. We are hoping it won't be months and months as we are completing our house sale on 7 January and going to move in with my parents with a 13 year old and a 10 month old. So not looking forward to that!!!!!
Jo
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 11:10 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Hi
Our 136 visa was sent more or less the same time as yours. DIMIA took the money from credit card on 7 December. We have already had our medicals but they were sent to Sydney without a case number so I'm hoping they will be ok. We have just sent our police checks to our agent. I will keep a track of your progress via forum and will let you know if we hear anything before you. We are hoping it won't be months and months as we are completing our house sale on 7 January and going to move in with my parents with a 13 year old and a 10 month old. So not looking forward to that!!!!!
Jo
As much as we love our nearest and dearest nobody seems to relish the though of moving in with parents! I am planning on selling house in Spring and moving in with my mum, her partner and my brother - Just haven't quite found the time to ask her yet I love my mum to bits but not sure how me and my husband will feel losing a lot of the privacy we have just now.
It has to be done though as don't want to get my visa and have the stress of having to sell house. We also need to cut our expenses down too to allow us to save money.

Good luck I hope The Foster Clan hear something soon - keep us informed.

Lynn
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 2:01 pm
ad4ozz

Haven't got as far as putting the house up going to do after xmas as thinknobody really looks between xmas and new year. Will get a rental if we are stuck if someone wants house now...fingers crossed. Would probably get private rent if sold fast and can also still get council houses round here if you will have one in dive area. Would consider that for few weeks but wouldn't dare move anything valuable in would have to store all of that ready for container.

Think private rent def pref to parents as couldn't stand being at home again.

Will follow your visa progress with there only being weeks diference.

Old Dec 23rd 2004, 6:14 pm
Not two zombies

Mongrol will become famous soon enough

We sent our front loaded (meds and police check) application on the 20th October. Money was taken the next week and we got a receipt in an exciting yellow envelope on about the 2nd of December with our case number and saying our Meds n stuff had been forwarded onto the correct folk. Nothing since.
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Haven't got as far as putting the house up going to do after xmas as thinknobody really looks between xmas and new year. Will get a rental if we are stuck if someone wants house now...fingers crossed. Would probably get private rent if sold fast and can also still get council houses round here if you will have one in dive area. Would consider that for few weeks but wouldn't dare move anything valuable in would have to store all of that ready for container.

Think private rent def pref to parents as couldn't stand being at home again.

Will follow your visa progress with there only being weeks diference.

We did look into private rent but unfortunately no-one wanted to rent anything less than 6 months. Hope I'm not being too unrealistic but I'm thinking visa will only take 2-3 months. My parents are actually looking forward to us moving in with them - they probably see it as a good chance to spend some time with their grandkids before we leave. It's just that I think it will be so wierd and of course our stuff will be in storage so we will be literally living out of suitcases. As someone said on another thread - short term pain long term gain (I hope).
Have a nice Xmas.
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mongrol
We sent our front loaded (meds and police check) application on the 20th October. Money was taken the next week and we got a receipt in an exciting yellow envelope on about the 2nd of December with our case number and saying our Meds n stuff had been forwarded onto the correct folk. Nothing since.
Hope you hear something really soon - I would love to know when you get yours especially since you frontloaded too.
Have a nice Xmas.
Old Dec 24th 2004, 9:30 am
ad4ozz

Wink Re: 136 Visa sent - when will DIMIA contact us???

Happy Xmas and New Year to everyone... .

They should have email contact for us impatient sorts or at least a visa tracking system. No little yellow envelopes yet...but then I couldn't believe my ANMC registration that cost 240 only came back in ordinary airmail small envelope and looked totally boring... .

Think we need to chill with the impatience once we get to Oz as think everything more laid back....like France everything is always on slow track.

Last edited by ad4ozz; Dec 24th 2004 at 9:32 am. Reason: coding still there don't know why

Old Dec 24th 2004, 10:20 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy Xmas and New Year to everyone... .

They should have email contact for us impatient sorts or at least a visa tracking system. No little yellow envelopes yet...but then I couldn't believe my ANMC registration that cost 240 only came back in ordinary airmail small envelope and looked totally boring... .

Think we need to chill with the impatience once we get to Oz as think everything more laid back....like France everything is always on slow track.
YES MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY, DON'T DRING TOO MUCH

Are the Ozzies more laid back do you think? I found them so polite when we were on holiday in Brisbane/ The sunshine Coast - everybody says 'gday, how are you?' and its rude not to say 'good, how are you?' instead of just 'ok' or 'fine'. Oh I can't wait to be living there

I am home for lunch but have to go back till 4.30pm today. Some of us DN's are getting away early but don't think it will be me as a couple of the nurses commute and hour and a half to work each day - I only live 15 minutes drive away from work!

Merry christmas

Lynn
Old Dec 24th 2004, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
YES MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY, DON'T DRING TOO MUCH

Are the Ozzies more laid back do you think? I found them so polite when we were on holiday in Brisbane/ The sunshine Coast - everybody says 'gday, how are you?' and its rude not to say 'good, how are you?' instead of just 'ok' or 'fine'. Oh I can't wait to be living there

I am home for lunch but have to go back till 4.30pm today. Some of us DN's are getting away early but don't think it will be me as a couple of the nurses commute and hour and a half to work each day - I only live 15 minutes drive away from work!

Merry christmas

Lynn

A Very Merry Christmas to one and all!

Spending most of the time thinking about next crimbo Bayside in the sun mmmmm. Email from Senior nurse at PA Brissie to say job letter on its way hooray and even better £758.31 debited from C.C. on the 23/12 funny how we are so pleased to see money leave our hands!
All the aussies we met during our stay in nov were brilliantly friendly, we could not get over their welcoming attitude and the pride in their country.

Ann we are only a few days behind you so wil keep an eye out for journey good luck

Well peace and harmony to us all

Charlie and Family
Old Dec 24th 2004, 7:05 pm
ad4ozz

See you have your Queensland reg as well Charlie...not sure what to do re that as have been informed will just have to reapply in summer as runs out on your birthday.

Well supose I better get back to present rapping...not suposed to be on here...hubby entertaining child watching Peter Pan.