136 question to those that have it

Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Twos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant future
Default 136 question to those that have it

My partner and I are starting the long process of paperwork to head to brisbane as psychiatric nurses. Can I ask when you get the 136 visa does it last for life and are you allowed to leave Oz and return to the uk for a year to work or is it only valid if you stay in Oz
Hope that makes sense
Jim & Claire
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:50 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 136 question to those that have it

Originally Posted by Twos Company
My partner and I are starting the long process of paperwork to head to brisbane as psychiatric nurses. Can I ask when you get the 136 visa does it last for life and are you allowed to leave Oz and return to the uk for a year to work or is it only valid if you stay in Oz
Hope that makes sense
Jim & Claire
when you get your 136 visa you have a certain time to activate it , it will tell you the date yo have to activate your visa by entering oz by acertain date, this could be a holiday tehre or your actual move but it must be done within a year of the date you did your medicals.
after that the visa lasts for 5 years from the date you were granted it. in that time i beleive you must have lived in 0z for at least 2 years out of the 5 but dont quote me it could be a little longer than this i will check this out for you and get back to you.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Twos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant future

Thanks lesley
Old Apr 25th 2007, 7:01 pm
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all

I recieved my visa in February 2007. I need to first enter Australia by January 2008 (exactly one year on from the date of my medical). A 136 visa gives you the permanent right to live and work anywhere in Australia 'til the day that you die. The five year bit is around validity for multiple re-entries to Australia.The visa that you are issued with is only valid for multiple re-entries into Australia for 5 years, in my case up until February 2012. If I make my first entry to Australia in November 2007 for a holiday (validation trip) and then don't decide to move permanently to Australia until January 2012, then should I leave Australia for a holiday I would not be able to get back into Australia without Resident's Return Visa (RRV). Potentially in this scenario if I moved over permanently to Australia in Jan 2012, then I could be stuck in Australia for up to 2 years as to obtain a RRV you need to meet specific requirements, basically you need to show a committment to living in Australia. The best option is to apply for citizenship as soon as possible.
KJJ