Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Your thought's are welcomed !!

Your thought's are welcomed !!

Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:47 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light
Default Your thought's are welcomed !!

Hi all,
Your thoughts would be really appreciated on this......we were looking at Hamilton to emigrate to but now we are looking towards New Plymouth...We have 4 kids so we thought it would be nice to be close to the beach. I'm intending on joining the fire service once there (as i'm a british firefighter at the moment) and 'er indoors' works in hospital.
Is it a good area to settle to ?

many thanks for all your thought's and views

Ali
Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your thought's are welcomed !!

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
Hi all,
Your thoughts would be really appreciated on this......we were looking at Hamilton to emigrate to but now we are looking towards New Plymouth...We have 4 kids so we thought it would be nice to be close to the beach. I'm intending on joining the fire service once there (as i'm a british firefighter at the moment) and 'er indoors' works in hospital.
Is it a good area to settle to ?

many thanks for all your thought's and views

Ali
The sand at New Plymouth is black sand, so I dont think its a nice as the east coast for that reason.
I found New Plymouth to be a little dated and a little isolated and cut off.
Some friends of ours moved there from Auckland, they loved it, until the job was lost and there was nothing else in that area at all. As it is not on any easy route to another big city to commute to other areas each day, they ended up having to move, back to Auckland.
So, look before you leap at ALL job prospects before moving to any area.
Sorry cant be more helpful.