Your one wish

Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

nickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant future
Question Your one wish

What is the one thing you know now, that you wish you had known before you left the UK?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:41 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your one wish

That house prices were going to fall further and faster there than here..........
Old Nov 1st 2008, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

That not only is NZ isolated from the rest of the world (I knew that) but that towns within NZ are very isolated from each other...you have to like where you live because you are ..well....pretty stuck there.

GoogleEarth would probably help make this clear but what you won't realise is the time it takes to drive to the next conurbation because of the roads mainly being like UK B roads.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 1:15 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickychris67
What is the one thing you know now, that you wish you had known before you left the UK?
That generally kids shoes are cr*p here
Old Nov 1st 2008, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
That generally kids shoes are cr*p here
I agree with you there.

When my sons were at school Clarks shoes were made here and they had a factory shop in Papatoetoe.

The shoes were still in good nick when they grew out of them and they could be passed down.

Now we have all that cheap imported rubbish
Old Nov 1st 2008, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had known that trying to make Kiwi friends was going to be extremely difficult. I thought they would just accept us and welcome any friendships. How wrong can you be. Also that it would be the school of hard knocks where jobs are concerned with employers always wanting "Kiwi Experience". Arggg!!!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 7:13 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirl
I wish I had known that trying to make Kiwi friends was going to be extremely difficult. I thought they would just accept us and welcome any friendships. How wrong can you be. Also that it would be the school of hard knocks where jobs are concerned with employers always wanting "Kiwi Experience". Arggg!!!

Shirl

I have been reliably informed that it's a South Island thing, funnily enough by some North Islanders

Any consilation, it's the same up here, I have given up trying to figure it all out now
Old Nov 1st 2008, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Shirl

I have been reliably informed that it's a South Island thing, funnily enough by some North Islanders

Any consilation, it's the same up here, I have given up trying to figure it all out now
Me too. When the time is right the perfect kiwi friends will come along I am sure !!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of

Just how cold it is at times.

Especially in the houses, being cold and damp is not good. When you go outside you take your coat off and put it on when you come back in the house.

It has made me realise why the population in NZ is so low, it's because the bedrooms are only warm enough for a bit of how's your father 3 months of the year

Catkin

Last edited by Catkin09; Nov 1st 2008 at 9:19 am. Reason: too many glasses of wine!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 9:52 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

The hole in the ozone layer is a fact and Factor 30 doesn't even cut it ...
Old Nov 1st 2008, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

..that NZ was not really ever likely to provide something better (or even nearly as good) as what I was leaving behind.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:19 pm

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I'd known just how much time and money is needed to make visits home.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

sonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud of

that it would be so difficuilt to get a teaching job in bay of plenty and that it would be so stressful leaving our families. Also I probably would never have left uk as we both had good jobs and a decent salary. As it is now i am returning on my own to uk to live with my daughter and look for teaching job while oh stays in nz to sell our flat.On reflection though nz is a beautiful place to live and i should be grateful to have had that experience. Just now feeling anxious about returning to uk and leaving oh here on his own. I know he will cope but i will miss him so much but will have grand kids to cuddle..
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

sonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Browner_
..that NZ was not really ever likely to provide something better (or even nearly as good) as what I was leaving behind.
can totallly agree with that one !!!!!!!!!11
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
That house prices were going to fall further and faster there than here..........
ditto that - would have tried harder to sell the UK house

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.