Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Your Monthly out goings...............Please.

Your Monthly out goings...............Please.

Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Wink Your Monthly out goings...............Please.

Sorry to ask, but im trying to get to grips with the reality of monthly outgoings. We are sensible people and are looking at the REAL cost of living in NZ. I know this thread may bore some people, but please could you give me an approx figure, it doesn't even need to be listed. I know some will differ from others espicially with the morgage/rent thing. im looking at erning $70k with possibly a $100k morgage. We are just trying to put it all together as not to kid ourselves nz is an easy ride etc. We do understand that we won't live as comfortably as we do now but we will gain alot more. We shall also get some idea of things when we do a reccie in march.
Thanks for your time here guys.

Gary.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:52 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your Monthly out goings...............Please.

Hiya. Have forwarded you a PM that I sent to someone else who'd asked this question. Hope it makes sense and helps.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:55 pm
Whatever will be will be

alyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant future

Please could I have a copy, I am so worried about outgoings etc., any help would be so appreciated.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:56 pm
Whatever will be will be

alyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant future

Does anyone know the salary of a Driver class 5 operator (local) not long distance, environment: waste etc.,????
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Mandie, you are a star, that is very helpful.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

I can send out my 2007 Excel spreadsheet to anyone that wants it - includes my incomings, outgoings and day to day spending... this is my ACTUAL spending too... should give a good idea of how an average family on an average income lives!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:42 pm
Whatever will be will be

Yes please that will be greatly appreciated, thank you
Alyson
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:58 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

I can send out my 2007 Excel spreadsheet to anyone that wants it - includes my incomings, outgoings and day to day spending... this is my ACTUAL spending too... should give a good idea of how an average family on an average income lives!

Hi,

Tried to pm but can't but would love to take you up on the offer.

Thanks
Tan
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wessa
Sorry to ask, but im trying to get to grips with the reality of monthly outgoings. We are sensible people and are looking at the REAL cost of living in NZ. I know this thread may bore some people, but please could you give me an approx figure, it doesn't even need to be listed. I know some will differ from others espicially with the morgage/rent thing. im looking at erning $70k with possibly a $100k morgage. We are just trying to put it all together as not to kid ourselves nz is an easy ride etc. We do understand that we won't live as comfortably as we do now but we will gain alot more. We shall also get some idea of things when we do a reccie in march.
Thanks for your time here guys.

Gary.
All NZ$ per month X 12 other than local council rates.

Phone 110 inc free locals and b/band, does not include international
Gas 125
Leccy 125
Rates council 130 x 10months
Rates regional 38
Petrol 250
Food 250-300 per week
Life ins 40
Nurse union 35
Building and contents 110
Car ins x 2 70
AA Car tax and MOT X cars 60
School dues X 3 kids 100
Int'l phone card 15

Hope that helps, obviously you may eat less, drive more and have other outgoings, but it gives you an idea.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

Hiya,

Would you also mind PMing me your costs per month?

We are about half way through to getting our residency Visas and are also looking at a salary of approx $70k. Am very worried about the cost of living, but as we should be mortgage-less, or perhaps a small mortgage are hopeful that should even out the cost of living between here and there ..

Ta,

Lou
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:29 am
It might take a while!

Marjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to all

Hi dlmcmay,

Would be grateful if you could PM Excel sheet. The wife lives by budgets etc so will make her life easier, therefore mine too!!!

Martin
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:39 am
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

Me too please - can i join the bandwagon and i lurve excel!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:48 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Can you not attach an XLS s/sheet here?

For us, food is about $150 a week for 3 of us.
Gas + elec is $200/month

Please remind me to drag the rest of the details out later. Seriously, remind me, or I will forget.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:49 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Answered my own question. Yep you can. Use the 'big' reply and scroll down to "Manage my attachments" and add it from there.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

please may I jump on this band wagon!!!!! It's my biggest worry about the move and I am sure many people have the same worries, can we afford it on one salary to begin. It is a marvelous idea wish I was soooooo organised
Originally Posted by dlmckay

Last edited by dave.and.lisa; Jan 29th 2008 at 3:52 pm. Reason: cant spell!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.