Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Young people in Rotorua

Young people in Rotorua

Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:21 am
Just Joined

tom_hartley will become famous soon enough
Default Young people in Rotorua

Hi guys, we have now been in Rotorua for 8 weeks and would love to meet up with some people of a similar age (early 20's-30's), let me know if you fancy a drink sometime!
Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young people in Rotorua

Tom, I'm soory, but I don't quite fit your description of young people, being sadly neither in my 20s or 30's (oh, how I wish ) but I do have a 17 year old son...I'm guessing he's younger than you meant too. But if you want to meet up I'd love a drink & a chat even if I'm probably old enough to be your mother .

Check out the Rotorua meet ups thread, next Sunday is quiz night by my reckoning , and I think that Kate & Lee (Hester 10) might be nearer your age group. It'd be great to meet up anyway

How's life going in Rotorua? Are you setting in OK? Give me a shout if I can help in any way, I remember well how tough it can be in those early days, and if there's anything I can do to lend a hand just let me know.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Young people in Rotorua

Hello Tom
How are you finding Rotorua? Been a busy 8weeks I bet!!

Would love to meet up at the quiz night, we are hanging on to our 30's by our fingernails. Not sure if we are too past it be seen out in public with you!
But if you get desperate you know where we'll all be next Sunday evening!

Thanks TOMSK for not suggesting us....!!!!
I know Rich lets the side down with his middle aged spread!! I keep telling him he should dye his hair (what little he has left) !! LOL
Old Aug 30th 2009, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steelblue

Thanks TOMSK for not suggesting us....!!!!
I know Rich lets the side down with his middle aged spread!! I keep telling him he should dye his hair (what little he has left) !! LOL
Ooops, sorry...how could I forget you .
I was obviously thinking of the younger, 20s age group, and I knew that you'd both turned 30, simply on the basis of the children's ages....didn't think of either of you as being a day over 31 though
Have I done enough to redeem myself here

Edited to add on some karma

Last edited by Tomsk; Aug 30th 2009 at 1:18 am. Reason: afterthought!
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:55 am
Just Joined

tom_hartley will become famous soon enough

hey guys, thanks for your replies, when and where is the quiz at then?we would love to come and give it a go, it has been a very busy 8 weeks yeah, think it is about time we had a social life!!
Old Aug 30th 2009, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of

Hi Tom,

The BE Rotorua Quiz Team (cup of tea) meets at Hennessey's Irish Bar on the 1st Sunday of each month for the quiz.
Take a look at this link for more info: http://www.hennessys.co.nz/

It'll be great to meet up - there should be a few new faces this time and a few 'old' ones !! LOL

Don't forget to revise the encyclopedia before coming along!
Old Aug 30th 2009, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could say I was a "Young person in Rotorua", alas I'm more your Cougar than your kitten !!!

Look forward to catching up next Sunday.
Gill and Rob
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Wish I could say I was a "Young person in Rotorua", alas I'm more your Cougar than your kitten !!!

Look forward to catching up next Sunday.
Gill and Rob
Gill, that comment nearly made me spit out my morning coffee with the giggles...love it
Do you have the claws to match

I'll PM or text later today about Sunday, gotta race off to work now so no time at the moment.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

dan3 is just really nicedan3 is just really nicedan3 is just really nicedan3 is just really nicedan3 is just really nicedan3 is just really nicedan3 is just really nicedan3 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tom_hartley
Hi guys, we have now been in Rotorua for 8 weeks and would love to meet up with some people of a similar age (early 20's-30's), let me know if you fancy a drink sometime!
Hi Tom, I'm in Rotorua on a weekly basis (live in Tauranga, I know what the Rotorua winters are like!), always have time for a drink.

Cheers, Dan
Old May 14th 2010, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Jode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really nice

Hello there,

Been in NZ for 5 weeks and just moved to Ngongotaha due to work. We went to the Pub quiz last Sunday, came 3rd! I'm 29 and my fella is 31.

Meet up would be cool. Perhaps you tell us where the decent bars are around here!

Jode
Old May 14th 2010, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Young people in Rotorua

Hi Jode!
Welcome to Ngongotaha and Rotorua!

We are a family of four who moved out here last May 09.

We'll have to arrange a evening down at Hennessey's with a few of the other BE's.

Look forward to meeting up.
Take care
Vicky
Old May 14th 2010, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Jode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really nice

Originally Posted by steelblue
Hi Jode!
Welcome to Ngongotaha and Rotorua!

We are a family of four who moved out here last May 09.

We'll have to arrange a evening down at Hennessey's with a few of the other BE's.

Look forward to meeting up.
Take care
Vicky
Sounds good? Will you guys be going down tom night? Or is that too late a notice?
Old May 15th 2010, 5:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

sounds good to me too. Wish I woz there.

Karma all round just because.