Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Are you thinking of getting a dog ?

Are you thinking of getting a dog ?

Old Jun 7th 2006, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice
Default Are you thinking of getting a dog ?

Hi. We have reluctantly decided to re home one of our dogs as we're re locating, and want to find a nice home for her.
I've attached the link with pics if anyone is looking for, or knows some one who wants to adopt a dog.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Thanks.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living...n-59010472.htm
Old Jun 8th 2006, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are you thinking of getting a dog ?

Originally Posted by xpat19
Hi. We have reluctantly decided to re home one of our dogs as we're re locating, and want to find a nice home for her.
I've attached the link with pics if anyone is looking for, or knows some one who wants to adopt a dog.
Sorry you have to rehome. We rehomed our Pointer in anticipation of our move. It was a very sad day and we still talk about it. I wanted to ask you about your pet bed. I have never seen one like that, but wish we had had one like it. What is it called and who makes it. Should we get a dog in NZ I would buy that pet bed.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice

Hi there - thanks for your sympathy, it's certainly not an easy decision but hopefully there are so many nice folk on these sites we'll find her a great home !

We got her bed from Plastic Box in Henderson. It's great, because it's off the floor she doesn't get all sweaty in the summer or cold in winter, and they sell replacement covers for it.
It was around $70 -worth every penny - sorry - cent.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Awwwww shes beautiful. I wish we could take her for you but we are still in rented accommodation for a few weeks. My parents dog is a terrier and before that they had a Beardie!! But Ive never seen them mixed together before!! Good luck with finding her a new home... SarahB
Old Jun 8th 2006, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Sarah. That's our problem, we're going to be in rented for quite a while once we've sold our house in Swanson & I don't think anyone will rent us a place when we have 2 dogs.

We've even enquired about having her fostered for a while untill we buy again but it didn;t come to anything, and we thought it wouldn't be fair on her as she would get used to living with the carers.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

We are looking for another dog but we live in the Bay of Plenty, already have a black lab but are looking for a friend for him to play with. We have 4 acres so theres plenty of space for them to run about. Also next to the beach.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi. Are you interested in meeting up - maybe some where in the middle ? Your place sounds like heaven for dogs ( humans too ! )

Last edited by xpat19; Jun 10th 2006 at 1:56 am.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Hi. Are you interested in meeting up - maybe some where in the middle ? Your place sounds like heaven for dogs ( humans too ! )
Hi, yes we could meet up. Where are you? (up north I think)
Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

HI. We're in West Auckland - have sent you a PM
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Are you thinking of adopting a dog ?

Hi. I hope no one minds me bumping this up.

I'm getting really concerned now as OH leaves for ChCh in less than 4 weeks and although Tybee has had over 2600 viewings on TradeMe only 2 people have enquired about her and they weren't suitable.

This is just in a vain hope that some one new might see this thread & know some one who's looking for a large, fluffy, enthusiastic teenage dog !

Cheers
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Why dont you take her, I couldn't imagine such a move without taking my dog. I just wonder if you may regret not doing so when you arrive and are in need of a friendly familiar face so far away from everything you know.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Why dont you take her, I couldn't imagine such a move without taking my dog. I just wonder if you may regret not doing so when you arrive and are in need of a friendly familiar face so far away from everything you know.
Hi Ladylisa - totally appreciate what you're saying. We certainly would take her if we could and aren't doing this lightly.
Unfortunately it's not that simple, which is why we're putting ourselves out there and trying to find her a nice place.
Thanks for your reply tho !
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Hi Ladylisa - totally appreciate what you're saying. We certainly would take her if we could and aren't doing this lightly.
Unfortunately it's not that simple, which is why we're putting ourselves out there and trying to find her a nice place.
Thanks for your reply tho !
Did you find her a new home?
Old Jun 28th 2006, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Tooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud of

We have a dog--or should I say he has two humans? Got him from the Dog Rescue

The bed thing--our boy "Tyson" is an American Bulldog--weighs in just a smidgen under 50 kg--small he ain't.

We had problems with a suitable bed solution until I went to the Hospice shop, Paid $10 dollars for a secondhand two seater settee(now in the garage)--he loves it--its off the ground , no draughts cos of the sides and back, he can stretch out if he wants--but at the moment he is snuggled down into an old sleeping bag! Biggest problem is convincing him on these cold mornings to go outside to do his biz!

Soft? Us? You betcha!
Old Jun 29th 2006, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Did you find her a new home?
Yes, how did you get on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.