Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Are you switching jobs?

Are you switching jobs?

Old Sep 2nd 2014, 9:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you switching jobs?

Originally Posted by Robbo25
That's true, I have actually seen quite a few supply chain management roles in ICT over the last few months, but they may not have been all that they seemed either. Sorry you're in limbo
IT supply chain is not his field, that's very specific so I'm told . Thanks for your support. Just going from a post elsewhere, are you in Gulf Harbour ? I remember someone on here was planning a move.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you switching jobs?

Ah my mistake re: supply chain, maybe worth a discussion though as I found that in my area there was a complete difference of terminology around sales roles which took me ages to realise, although I'm sure that conversation has already happened.

No I'm not in Gulf Harbour, I'm on the North Shore.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 11:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Are you switching jobs?

Might just be the Christchurch clique then.

The one thing I might add is that the days of looking by job listings are probably over. It seems you might as well be throwing your application in a black hole often. If you are young or in tech or similar you are probably on LinkedIn which can work for some.

Many positions are still never advertised. It's a case of a company stumbling across a candidate they like more than filling a position they've created.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 5:25 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Are you switching jobs?

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I concur with this. OH has been under threat from redundancy for 9 months now. Should find out in October one way or another, it has been extremely stressful and continues to be. He started to look for other jobs in March and there is very little out there at his level and above. He's also been looking at other countries and very little appears to be happening there. One recruitment consultant in Australia mentioned that the best market to be looking at in his field is the UK!!!!

So it looks like we may have to return which on the one hand I'm delighted about (I'll be able to do a return to practice course & get my midwifery career back ) on the other, I shall miss a lot about NZ.

So no, no huge salary rises here.
As you are a regular poster and have on many occasions significantly contributed to (or tolerated) my posts with thoughtful and interesting....things, so I thought I’d take the time to try to do the same.

It's always difficult to confront the possibility of a dream in decline.

Despite much self-delusion it is beyond our power to predict the future. Our ability to affect change is often only very modest. There will be moments in life we will be humbled by circumstance, our resilience will be tested.

Hopefully however there is a way to adapt, change and grow through this that will not compromise your kiwi dream. Most employees are so much more than their jobs, salaries or job titles bestowed upon them. To be human is to live with an inexhaustible well of talent and ideas, that itch to share them with the world.