Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

You know you lived here a reasonable/long length of time when.......

You know you lived here a reasonable/long length of time when.......

Old Mar 4th 2012, 4:22 am
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you lived here a reasonable/long length of time when.......

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
I am really interested in who "you lot" and "they" are that you and Bev refer to.

Where we live and where I work a Kiwi is not the norm.

Maybe we Kiwi's should start up a forum to "whinge" about the influx of those wanting to turn our country into a mini Britain, South Africa, China or Korea.

What happened to the days when we lived overseas to experience and immerse ourselves in a different cuture/country.
Individuals aside, i'd be curious of an example of an expat community anywhere in the world that just blends in.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you lived here a reasonable/long length of time when.......

You can keep track of the number of times Love30stm has changed her avatar

only joking pet
Old Mar 4th 2012, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

yorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
When a local asks you if you'd like to go round to his house and sit on his 'dick' you realise he's not propositioning you for a bit of how's your father, hes asking you if you like to sit on his wooden platform.
Hahahaha, reminds me when I first came over here and was waiting for the kids to come out of school and one of the Dads was saying that he was going home to "trum the bush around his dick" - never laughed so much in ages, he must have thought I was 'round the bend'.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
Maybe we Kiwi's should start up a forum to "whinge" about the influx of those wanting to turn our country into a mini Britain, South Africa, China or Korea.

Feel free, start your own. I think Trademe community already covers most of it it.

As the saying goes 'eavesdroppers never hear any good of themselves' if you choose to hang around an expat site and come looking for trouble as you invariably do, then you must be prepared to hear things about your country and your people that will undoubtedly offend your ears.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 6:56 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Justcol
You can keep track of the number of times Love30stm has changed her avatar

only joking pet
I'm vain
Old Mar 6th 2012, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Feel free, start your own. I think Trademe community already covers most of it it.

As the saying goes 'eavesdroppers never hear any good of themselves' if you choose to hang around an expat site and come looking for trouble as you invariably do, then you must be prepared to hear things about your country and your people that will undoubtedly offend your ears.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

You know you have lived in NZ a reasonable length of time when you find yourself singing along to Dave Dobbyn songs...

You don't call it a hoover but a vacuum...

When things go wrong they 'turn to custard'

You have no idea what friends/family are talking about in reference to popular culture in the UK, even from a few years ago

You miss Paul Henry on breakfast TV every morning (OK, maybe that is just me)
Old Mar 7th 2012, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZBee
You know you have lived in NZ a reasonable length of time when you find yourself singing along to Dave Dobbyn songs...
I'm sorry, but I have to draw the line there.

__________________________________________________ __

If I EVER start to sing along to Dave Dobbyn, I'll know it's time to start making my way to the airport.

Before anyone mentions it, a free lift would be nice.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I'm sorry, but I have to draw the line there.

__________________________________________________ __

If I EVER start to sing along to Dave Dobbyn, I'll know it's time to start making my way to the airport.

Before anyone mentions it, a free lift would be nice.

Ha ha! That's why I had to move to Australia!
Old Mar 10th 2012, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by love30stm
been here nearly 5 years and will never say any of them, im more likey to say awesome, dude and cool i should have emigrated to America mmmm American accents and men
Ive been here the same amount of time (this time around anyway) and i keep going "Doh!" after saying saying "Sweet"
Old Mar 10th 2012, 7:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Too much watching The Simpsons

Doh !