Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

You know it's winter when ...

You know it's winter when ...

Old Apr 13th 2018, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default You know it's winter when ...

.... people have gone to the extra effort of dressing up and putting on their PJs, dressing gowns and slippers for a trip to the supermarket.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know it's winter when ...

Hi, This might sound mad but after a few years of WA Summers I soooooooo looked forward to the Winter time...putting a blanket on our bed, I loved not waking up during the night feeling way to hot ( I hated sleeping with the air con on lol), having the windows open to let the "cool air" (would be a heatwave compared to where I live now lol) breeze through our home.....wearing socks and jeans....it was just a nice change...and also having actual cold water coming out of the cold water tap for a change lol, towards the end of winter though I was looking forward to my flipflops, skirts and t-shirts again lol
Old Apr 14th 2018, 12:03 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

ahh yes the time I can look forward to to possibly not having to look at peoples manky feet when I'm out
Old Apr 14th 2018, 12:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
.... people have gone to the extra effort of dressing up and putting on their PJs, dressing gowns and slippers for a trip to the supermarket.
I know. We see that but sometimes with bare feet.

I had to have words with husband last week. I caught him turning native.
He had to go to a pharmacy to pick up some meds for himself. upon his return I noted he was wearing his jamas bottoms. They sorta look like shorts I suppose BUT that are jamas ! He tried to wriggle away from the point by stating that no-one noticed.
Well I noticed husband. I noticed and thou shalt not do that again you lazy git. Go get your shorts on !
Old Apr 14th 2018, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

''by stating that no-one noticed.''

just blending in, Kultural adaptation)
Old Apr 14th 2018, 3:00 am
`

Originally Posted by mikemike
just blending in, Kultural adaptation)
Which blending might not have worked so well if his jama bottoms had loosened and slid a little to reveal he was, in fact , as one would expect for underneath one's jamas, commando.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember seeing my first "shopping in bare feet" we had only been in Aus a few months, it was the middle of summer, I was dropping the boys off at school and had stopped for petrol and a "lady" go out of her huge, shiny newish looking 4 x 4, in her PJ's and walked across the petrol forecourt with bare feet to pay for her diesel...needless to say the floor of the forecourt was full of everything really mucky etc and I remember the colour of the soles of her feet to this day ...they were literally black....I never forgot that and I then never let our boys go barefoot thereafter...lol
Old May 1st 2018, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

You know it is winter when it is 4C and pouring with rain.

Hang on, this is the end of April start of May in the UK. Something wrong here......
Old May 1st 2018, 7:41 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
You know it is winter when it is 4C and pouring with rain.

Hang on, this is the end of April start of May in the UK. Something wrong here......
April showers, to be expected
Old May 2nd 2018, 1:18 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

You know its Winter in the South Island, when the tradies wear a beanie with their fluoro t-shirts and shorts.
Old May 2nd 2018, 1:19 am
`

Originally Posted by Catchafire
You know its Winter in the South Island, when the tradies wear a beanie with their fluoro t-shirts and shorts.
You have seen MrBEVS