Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Yet another introduction...

Yet another introduction...

Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:47 am
Confuzzled

Unfortunate Username has a spectacular aura aboutUnfortunate Username has a spectacular aura aboutUnfortunate Username has a spectacular aura about
Default Yet another introduction...

Hi,

Been spending pretty much all my free time over the past few days trawling this website (which has provided a wealth of information!) so decided I should probably finally introduce myself.

Current living in sunny(!?) Scotland. Both myself and OH are in IT, I'm a software/web developer, OH is a computing officer at a university. We're kinda still very much in the research stage of any possible move but New Zealand has captured our imagination. We're still trying to work out if the lifestyle we're looking for fits in with New Zealand (or exists at all!), so we're hoping that some of the people here will be able to help us with that.

Well that about sums it up for us. Thanks for reading!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yet another introduction...

Originally Posted by Unfortunate Username
Hi,

Been spending pretty much all my free time over the past few days trawling this website (which has provided a wealth of information!) so decided I should probably finally introduce myself.

Current living in sunny(!?) Scotland. Both myself and OH are in IT, I'm a software/web developer, OH is a computing officer at a university. We're kinda still very much in the research stage of any possible move but New Zealand has captured our imagination. We're still trying to work out if the lifestyle we're looking for fits in with New Zealand (or exists at all!), so we're hoping that some of the people here will be able to help us with that.

welcome to the mad house
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:57 am
Just Joined

King of Gingers is on a distinguished road

I thought i could feel my ears burning.

I would be the other Half.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by King of Gingers
I thought i could feel my ears burning.

I would be the other Half.
welcome to you too, i tell you though they're all mad here, myself being the exception
Old Jan 12th 2007, 9:56 am
Confuzzled

Unfortunate Username has a spectacular aura aboutUnfortunate Username has a spectacular aura aboutUnfortunate Username has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by poppets
welcome to the mad house
Thanks!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:21 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Unfortunate Username
Hi,

Welcome!
Only advice at this stage - think carefully about any major purchase at this stage - can you wait for that brand new bed/dishwasher/suite? If so, do so. Save your money on shipping, buy it here if need be. It will be in proportion to the house then! Also DVD - multi-region if buying a new one.
That would seem to be Ben Aigen in the background of your avatar - but I recall no University in the environs of Ben Aigen! (I'm from Morayshire)
Karma for both of you as I'm terribly magnanimous AND Scottish!
Karen B
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:22 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppets
welcome to you too, i tell you though they're all mad here, myself being the exception
You big fibber!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:12 am
Confuzzled

Originally Posted by karonious
Welcome!
Only advice at this stage - think carefully about any major purchase at this stage - can you wait for that brand new bed/dishwasher/suite? If so, do so. Save your money on shipping, buy it here if need be. It will be in proportion to the house then! Also DVD - multi-region if buying a new one.
Thanks, we'll definitely keep this in mind

That would seem to be Ben Aigen in the background of your avatar - but I recall no University in the environs of Ben Aigen! (I'm from Morayshire)
The Ochal Hills are the closest to us, although nowhere near this about of snow on them this year

Karma for both of you as I'm terribly magnanimous AND Scottish!
Karen B
Appreciated!
Old Jan 13th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

You big fibber!
oh cheeky
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:09 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome - can never be too many Scottish people around