Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Yes it's snowing in Essex...

Yes it's snowing in Essex...

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Yes it's snowing in Essex...

Bloody hell, typical bank holiday weather in the UK, Its snowing in essex on and off, started last night. So glad im going out to Chch next week..

Anywhere else got snow? Its March for gods sake!.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:59 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Yes it's snowing in Essex...

I talked to my Mom on the phone and she said they were expecting snow. They live in the high desert in the Pacific Northwest of the US.

England is playing New Zealand in the final test at Napier. Turn on your TV, put on the cricket, and you'll see a lovely ground next to the sea. The sun will be shining. That's the weather most of the country is enjoying now.

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wessa
Bloody hell, typical bank holiday weather in the UK, Its snowing in essex on and off, started last night. So glad im going out to Chch next week..

A few flakes but nothing for the kids to get excited about We get little snow unless up on the high moor.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:32 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by j19fmm
We get little snow unless up on the high moor.
Moor...ooh, that sounds exotic to me.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Moor...ooh, that sounds exotic to me.
You being funny or rude Happy ?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:52 pm

I'm neither trying to be funny nor rude.

The word moor does evoke something exotic. I've never been to the UK, you see.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by happynz
I'm neither trying to be funny nor rude.

The word moor does evoke something exotic. I've never been to the UK, you see.
Oh you're welcome anytime to come and see the moor...bit like the desert road driving down to Palmy if my memory serves me (where the army hang out)
Lots of sheep and ponies and cattle, lots of wind,rain and more wind and rain.
Always a different climate because of the height.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:08 pm

Wind, rain, sheep, ponies, cows...sounds like a great place for a wander 'round followed by a hot meal and a few drinks.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

This is my garden the last time we had some decent snow. Can just catch aglimpse of the hills behind. Love really good snow
Attached Thumbnails Yes it's snowing in Essex...-hpim0001.jpg  
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

SidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wessa

I can advise that Upper Hutt does not have any snow today!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

It's snowed in Chesterfield today, on & off all day! Although it's not settling at all, so there's not been any snowmen I'm afraid