Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Yay we got our planning permit

Yay we got our planning permit

Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yay we got our planning permit

Well thats us been in our house a week tomorrow and OMG we love it, i tell you its been worth the wait, though we dont have a main bath room and our ensuite yet lol. We were just determined to get in on our move date no matter what and would finish of what we had to after. The problem is that the builders mucked up the concrete pour in the 2 rooms so we couldnt have it polished like the rest of the house and need to tile it for the wet room instead, well they only screed the concrete last week so we had no time to get it tiled before move in day so the bath etc not in yet. its all good though as we are just using the wc and the guest en suite.
We are delighted that we went with the polished floor as it is just so clean and looks reall good and easy to brush etc
We changed a paint colour at the last minute and i had to make a run to mitre 10 for paint , as the painters were ready to go but we are glad we made the change.
The kitchen is just stunning and huge we have millions of cupboard and drawer space(12 drawers) and i love the walk in pantry its like 3 times what we had in the rental just for food lol
We also still have to do the drive but that was down to us as we didnt want the builders to do this after the muck up with the bathrooms so we have that getting done in next couple of weeks, we are still going with dyed scribed concrete for patios

well i just have a little bit to unpack as we have worked non stop to get everything emptied and we had a fire for all the empty boxes so i will get lots of pictures up for you all to have a nosy

love love love it , was well and truly worth the stress and money as we have everything we ever wanted

i would build again but we would do it ourselves . most definetly not highmark homes/volk industries lol as they are a shambles
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
Well thats us been in our house a week tomorrow and OMG we love it, i tell you its been worth the wait, though we dont have a main bath room and our ensuite yet lol. We were just determined to get in on our move date no matter what and would finish of what we had to after. The problem is that the builders mucked up the concrete pour in the 2 rooms so we couldnt have it polished like the rest of the house and need to tile it for the wet room instead, well they only screed the concrete last week so we had no time to get it tiled before move in day so the bath etc not in yet. its all good though as we are just using the wc and the guest en suite.
We are delighted that we went with the polished floor as it is just so clean and looks reall good and easy to brush etc
We changed a paint colour at the last minute and i had to make a run to mitre 10 for paint , as the painters were ready to go but we are glad we made the change.
The kitchen is just stunning and huge we have millions of cupboard and drawer space(12 drawers) and i love the walk in pantry its like 3 times what we had in the rental just for food lol
We also still have to do the drive but that was down to us as we didnt want the builders to do this after the muck up with the bathrooms so we have that getting done in next couple of weeks, we are still going with dyed scribed concrete for patios

well i just have a little bit to unpack as we have worked non stop to get everything emptied and we had a fire for all the empty boxes so i will get lots of pictures up for you all to have a nosy

love love love it , was well and truly worth the stress and money as we have everything we ever wanted

i would build again but we would do it ourselves . most definetly not highmark homes/volk industries lol as they are a shambles
Sounds great! Must be fab to be in the house that YOU really wanted! We plan to build our own when (if!) we sell our house in the UK, so expect I will be picking your brains about the whole thing
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Very many congratulations and well done to you and your family .

I do hope the builder has offered you some $$ or other compensation for the hassles & mistakes.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Very many congratulations and well done to you and your family .

I do hope the builder has offered you some $$ or other compensation for the hassles & mistakes.
Thanks Bev

compensation , dont be silly. at the end of the day we are in here now and it all worked out, we are just so happy to have this wonderful home and live in this fabulous town
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Get 'em to offer you some free decking materials

Anyways. It must be so lovely to be on your new home.

Pics? Can we see pics at all.?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
Get 'em to offer you some free decking materials

Anyways. It must be so lovely to be on your new home.

Pics? Can we see pics at all.?
believe it or not i have not taken a single pic since we moved in, i want it to be all unpacked first lol, such OCD haha but they will come i promise you
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, well done, I am soooooo pleased for you. Can't wait to see the pictures. Enjoy every moment x
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:16 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

wonderful news! congrats. i can't wait for pics either
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:49 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on your new home.....sounds fantastic & you sound so happy!!
Glad its all come together, good luck & best wishes!!!
B x
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

Well done Caz, Gary and Lucy, hope life is what you want it to be in your new home, xxxxxxxx

Originally Posted by carolineshewan

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Well done.hope you have a happy life in your new home

Phyl x