Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

is "It Xmas Time " ?

is "It Xmas Time " ?

Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:18 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is "It Xmas Time " ?

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I couldn't care less for the religious aspects.

I like the build up to Christmas in the UK, the fun, the office parties and long boozy lunches.
I like the weeks of preparation baking cakes and making puddings with copius amounts of brandy
I like shopping in the cold, Christmas Carols, warm cozy house all full of Chrisitmas decos, pine cones, and trees and lights and fires.
I like the fuss, the cards, the presents and the extravagance.
Most of all I like sharing it all with people I care about and seeing family and friends, going visiting, seeing the littlies and being made a fuss of by the oldies.
Must be a laugh a minute in your house at Christmas!

Just to point out we are in NZ not Britain

You are here think positive bloody hell and I know you won't reply as I'm probably on ignore!

I like the fact I'm with my family at Christmas time that's all that matters, in light of the shooting in a school in America your moaning about a kiwi Christmas!!! Bloody hell
Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:22 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Must be a laugh a minute in your house at Christmas!

Just to point out we are in NZ not Britain

You are here think positive bloody hell and I know you won't reply as I'm probably on ignore!

I like the fact I'm with my family at Christmas time that's all that matters, in light of the shooting in a school in America your moaning about a kiwi Christmas!!! Bloody hell
This thread can be a discussion. Obvioulsy. That's why it was started. But can we please keep it polite.

Thank you.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
This thread can be a discussion. Obvioulsy. That's why it was started. But can we please keep it polite.

Thank you.
Ok but seriously getting fed up with whingers
Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:25 am

Thank you.
I'm just gratefull I'm alive healthy and with my family this time of year, peace
Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:27 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Ok but seriously getting fed up with whingers
Fair enough but please bear in mind that some people are stuck where they don't want to be and it is a great source of frustration.

However, I did create the rant thread for them.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:32 am

Fair enough but please bear in mind that some people are stuck where they don't want to be and it is a great source of frustration.

However, I did create the rant thread for them.
Yes but I think seriously people who are unhappy are unhappy anywhere in my opinion, please think seriously what's important in your life.

Anyway the worlds supposed to end Friday so all problems will be over
Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:39 am
221b Baker Street

Yes but I think seriously people who are unhappy are unhappy anywhere in my opinion, please think seriously what's important in your life.

Anyway the worlds supposed to end Friday so all problems will be over
As moderator for the NZ forum, I have cancelled the end of the world until 2056.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:40 am

As moderator for the NZ forum, I have cancelled the end of the world until 2056.
Why 2056?? obviously I will be dead
Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:41 am
221b Baker Street

Why 2056?? obviously I will be dead
Because....I CAN!
Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:43 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hurrah!
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I couldn't care less for the religious aspects.

I like the build up to Christmas in the UK, the fun, the office parties and long boozy lunches.
I like the weeks of preparation baking cakes and making puddings with copius amounts of brandy
I like shopping in the cold, Christmas Carols, warm cozy house all full of Chrisitmas decos, pine cones, and trees and lights and fires.
I like the fuss, the cards, the presents and the extravagance.
Most of all I like sharing it all with people I care about and seeing family and friends, going visiting, seeing the littlies and being made a fuss of by the oldies.
fair enough and each to their own. for me, i always found it stressful and lots of pressure. I guess as well, its never been the same for me after my dad passed away. My mum never wanted to do the family xmas dinner as we had always done so its never felt the same the last 7 years.

I did used to really enjoy boxing day at my best friends parents house. Very much the traditional stuff. Greeted with a baileys on ice, chatting and catching up whilst her mums in the kitchen fussing. A nice long lunch where we don't leave the table till after cheese and port till late, and then off to the pub.

However - I'm loving the laidback approach to xmas here. Well apart from having my friend round here tonight panicking about our xmas menu and shopping list.....but she's just a panicker so its all good really. Only 4 more days till i'm on the deck of the local on friday afternoon soaking up the sunshine and preparing for 2 weeks of chilling out! (being quite optimistic on the sunshine bit here - after beautiful weekend turned a bit miserable in auckland today)
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

fabulous!
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:07 am
221b Baker Street

Okay then chaps and chappesses. How would you like this for xmas?

Here we will have 38 on xmas eve, 20 on xmas day with cloud and 23 with rain for the boxing day test match!
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Okay then chaps and chappesses. How would you like this for xmas?

Here we will have 38 on xmas eve, 20 on xmas day with cloud and 23 with rain for the boxing day test match!
can you see in to the future??
temps or guests?
Either way....
Xmas Eve - blurgh
xmas day - lovely
boxing day - nooooooooo my hair and dress will get all wet at the races
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:18 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

You wanna know the truth ? It will just be my husband and I with presents and food and booze....all day on Christmas Day. Bliss. Oh we might stagger over to a neighbours house in the afternoon to honour a social invitation we accepted. Christmas Eve will be a barbeque if the weather is ok, just the two of us, 'cause we like it that way. Boxing Day, no real plans as yet.......bliss.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Dec 17th 2012 at 8:21 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.