Xmas Pressies

Old Nov 15th 2009, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

zoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nice
Default Xmas Pressies

Sending stuff to the family back in the UK. What do you do? Do you use UK bank accounts and buy on-line from UK stores or are there any good Kiwi stores you use to send back gear from here? How late can you leave it to be sure it will get there for the 25th?
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all
Default Re: Xmas Pressies

The last posting date, as advertised in our local Post Shop is 30 November, to guarantee a Christmas delivery.

As for buying the pressies, I generally buy from the stores and send them off.
My OH is very organised in that department.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter orders on line from M & S we have not been disappointed so far.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

newnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud of

Last date for economy is 23rd Nov!!!
Old Nov 16th 2009, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

We often use photobox.co.uk to send photo gifts like calendars to UK family. Quite good value and something personal.
We have retained UK credit cards to make this sort of thing easier
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

zoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nice

I was wondering if people had found any good Kiwi based shops/products that make for good pressies to send back to the UK.Otherwise its gonna be Amazon again!
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zoglet
I was wondering if people had found any good Kiwi based shops/products that make for good pressies to send back to the UK.Otherwise its gonna be Amazon again!
i've found lovely stuff i'd like to send back, but the postage costs (for me) have been prohibitively high, so i've resorted to finding stuff in the uk to send... i sent some kids clothes to a friend in the uk who's just had a baby.... postage (economy) was just over $63!!!! blew our budget!

dunno what sort of thing you want to send back, but the sellers on littlekiwisnest.co.nz will do international shipping for you ... am sure there are probably similar sites that don't concentrate on kids stuff like etsy or folksy... haven't looked tho. I'm going to have a looked at lapsedkiwis photobox too - sounds like it might be good. HTH
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

There's www.silverfernnz.com who sell kiwi gifts with International delivery. I was thinking about sending kiwi t-shirts to my nieces in France and they quoted $7 for postage which sounds good.