Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Xchurch Quake - Offers of help and accom.

Xchurch Quake - Offers of help and accom.

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Xchurch Quake - Offers of help and accom.

We are OK we have food water and spare rooms for anybody that needs them

Neil

Spoke to Denises hubby they are good
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:33 am
Just Joined

Bikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really nice
Default Re: 6.3 quake beds offered in Oxford

Hi, yes big earthquake here today, I was in the mall in Hornby and the ceiling tiles started to fall and crash on the floor. Very frightening. Had no idea how bad it was until I saw TV tonight. All our family in chch are fine, thank god. We live in Oxford and can offer a blow up mattress and sleeping bags to anyone who needs somewhere to crash for a bit. Just send me a message
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Xchurch Quake - Offers of help and accom.

OK. So those very valuable and caring posts don't disappear within the other threads.

Offers of help and accom. here

I've copied over the first two. They will appear out of order.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 22nd 2011 at 4:45 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:54 am
`

Default Re: Xchurch Quake - Offers of help and accom.

We are 4/5 hours away near Nelson. We have a couple of rooms + camp beds etc for those that need a break from Christchurch earthquake and surrounds. PM.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

That is so supportive of you all.What a kind thought.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

Um, we're due to arrive in Christchurch on 7 March from London via Auckland. Should we still come ?
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:39 pm
WAS bored stiff in USA

cyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud of

We'd also be willing to give someone a break too, we are 1 1/4- 1/2 hrs south in Ashburton & have a spare room.
Take care you guys,
Janet
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:44 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been approached by a lovely BE user who wishes to remain anonymous offering their great beach bach in Papamoa for anyone wanting to completely get away for a little while, change of scene etc? PM me for dates and details.

And if you come you'll get to meet all us lot here for wines in the Rain Bar if that helps ...
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debbi****
Um, we're due to arrive in Christchurch on 7 March from London via Auckland. Should we still come ?
I wouldn't if I were you! Stay in Auckland maybe? Are you emigrating? Or visiting?
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 1:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

We've got a spare double room at our place on the Whangaparaoa Peninsula & I can pick up from Auckland airport as well. PM if you are interested.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 1:28 am
`

Originally Posted by Debbi****
Advice coming out appears to be to not travel to Christchurch at this time unless you absolutely have to. Resources will be stretched to the max. Locals who have lost their homes will need the accom that is available. Effort is ongoing to move visitors to Xchurch City out to Wellington etc to free up space. Perhaps land in Auckland, Find accom and take advice from there.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could provide some space however I've only have one bedroom.....at my flat.

really hate that I am not that rich and feel helpless. I can't offer anything good for you guys... apart from donating things.... sh*t... Sorry. but if I am allowed to go down to CHCH then I can do some cooking etc. ...
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:16 am
`

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Wish I could provide some space however I've only have one bedroom.....at my flat.
really hate that I am not that rich and feel helpless. I can't offer anything good for you guys... apart from donating things.... sh*t... Sorry. but if I am allowed to go down to CHCH then I can do some cooking etc. ...
Hey. Hey. Don't put what you have to offer down . One bathroom will be better than no bathroom for someone. A safe sleep on a lounge carpet is better than the open air of Hagley Park at night where aftershocks rumble the ground. A little bit of company to someone who has been very scared and upset.... & good food.

I'm thinking you could maybe offer something to a displaced young girl student or similar who is a very long way from home.

Ring here and let them know what you can offer . They may also be able to tell you about volunteering.

People in Wellington who can offer accommodation to displaced Cantabrians can register by calling 04 801 4205 or emailing [email protected] with details.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hey. Hey. Don't put what you have to offer down . One bathroom will be better than no bathroom for someone. A safe sleep on a lounge carpet is better than the open air of Hagley Park at night where aftershocks rumble the ground. A little bit of company to someone who has been very scared and upset.... & good food.

I'm thinking you could maybe offer something to a displaced young girl student or similar who is a very long way from home.

Ring here and let them know what you can offer . They may also be able to tell you about volunteering.
Thanks BEVS.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:23 am
`

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Thanks BEVS.
you're welcome. You can do this for someone maybe and so can I.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.