Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Xchurch Quake - Offers of help and accom.

Xchurch Quake - Offers of help and accom.

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can up

Hi We are fine should you need a place to stay please PM me we have two rooms with lots of hot water and food. Live out at Woodend.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can up

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
Hi We are fine should you need a place to stay please PM me we have two rooms with lots of hot water and food. Live out at Woodend.
I knew I'd forget some which should have been on the rollcall list. Glad you're OK. I'll move this post to offers of accom.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 11:14 pm
`

Default Re: Xchurch Quake - Offers of help and accom.

We're now full for the time being.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 3:34 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
I knew I'd forget some which should have been on the rollcall list. Glad you're OK. I'll move this post to offers of accom.
Thanks Bev only just had time to get on BE, as I have been working for Civil Defence and back again for a long day on Friday and over the weekend.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 6:31 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone wants a break in Dunedin drop us a line. Would be great to help out.

Got a room or two to spare so can take a mid size family, and if the preference is to fly can pick up from the airport and lend a car for a few days.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

ray2nz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
We've got a spare double room at our place on the Whangaparaoa Peninsula & I can pick up from Auckland airport as well. PM if you are interested.
Thanks, my wife Debbie and I will fly from London to Auckland tomorrow at 15:45GMT. Can't see how to PM you as new to this forum. We will arrive at my sister's house in Browns Bay mid morning on 28 February. We have somewhere to stay for the first week, but might need further accommodation after that. Please would you PM me if you can help.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 11:31 am
`

Originally Posted by ray2nz
Thanks, my wife Debbie and I will fly from London to Auckland tomorrow at 15:45GMT. Can't see how to PM you as new to this forum. We will arrive at my sister's house in Browns Bay mid morning on 28 February. We have somewhere to stay for the first week, but might need further accommodation after that. Please would you PM me if you can help.
Are you not also Debbie?

This thread is for people displaced from Christchurch. Those that lost homes, their lives etc in the earthquake. You are still in the UK and are flying into Auckland.
go stay with your sister and offer help to people that have lost their homes. .
Old Feb 26th 2011, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Are you not also Debbie?

This thread is for people displaced from Christchurch. Those that lost homes, their lives etc in the earthquake. You are still in the UK and are flying into Auckland.
go stay with your sister and offer help to people that have lost their homes. .
Well said BEVS. I was disappointed to read that request.....

Jan
Old Feb 26th 2011, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ray2nz
TBH I was surprised to read this as my offer was meant for those people who have been through the horror of the earthquake & needed some respite away from Chch.

You should be able to find plenty of rental accommodation around the North Shore.

So I'm sorry but will politely decline your request.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

richardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nice

Hi, I know I'm a long way from Chch but if anyone from down there needs accomodation in Auckland then we're more than happy to help. We've only been here 5 months but have 2 spare rooms in our house with a spare single sofa bed and blow up double mattress and can offer meals and showers and friendship.

Thinking of everyone in Chch during this terrible time. x
Old Feb 28th 2011, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

still got plenty of room all welcome

Neil
Old Feb 28th 2011, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Our daughter lives in Papamoa and is offering a room if anyone wants it. You can PM me and I will pass the message on. Or you can contact them direct via my signature as for Gail or Doug.

June
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:17 am
Just Joined

jannick is just really nicejannick is just really nicejannick is just really nicejannick is just really nicejannick is just really nicejannick is just really nicejannick is just really nicejannick is just really nice

Hi everyone. We have a spare double room and poss space for more just outside of Timaru. If we can help please just PM me
Nick
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Honeybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really nice

Haven't checked in for awhile, but if anyone needs some respite from the city we have a couple of rooms here in North Canterbury. We have power and plenty of water and the beer is always cold! PM me if I can help.