WTR vs SMC

Old Sep 15th 2017, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute
Default WTR vs SMC

Hi!

I'm just looking for some opinions on waiting the two years on my hushands work to residence talent visa to apply for residence in NZ or would you go down the EOI route, he has around 200 points possibly more depending on one of his qualifications.

I know going down the EOI route would cost more but we would obviously be residents quicker, are there any clear benefits to doing it that way?

Also does anyone know if there is still an option to go straight for Permanent Residency after the 2yrs on the work visa if your earning over $90,000? I can't find a straight answer anywhere!

Last edited by Scottishedo; Sep 15th 2017 at 11:51 am.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTR vs SMC

I've got my residency ticking
Away in the background, if for whatever reason it gets refused I've got hen got two years to sort out the problem.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
I've got my residency ticking
Away in the background, if for whatever reason it gets refused I've got hen got two years to sort out the problem.
That's a good point I think we will wait until we are there and start the process!

Not long until fly day for you!!! Good luck !
Old Sep 19th 2017, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scottishedo
That's a good point I think we will wait until we are there and start the process!

Not long until fly day for you!!! Good luck !
Thanks

Nope next Thursday we will be on the big silver bird
Old Sep 19th 2017, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Walfordnz is a splendid one to beholdWalfordnz is a splendid one to beholdWalfordnz is a splendid one to beholdWalfordnz is a splendid one to beholdWalfordnz is a splendid one to beholdWalfordnz is a splendid one to beholdWalfordnz is a splendid one to beholdWalfordnz is a splendid one to beholdWalfordnz is a splendid one to beholdWalfordnz is a splendid one to beholdWalfordnz is a splendid one to behold

We have gone the WTR route for now, and will see if we want to go for that in the next 6 months to recoupe some money or wait till the two years is up and apply for residency. I think the latter may be a cheaper option but I'm not 100% sure.
My husband had been offered a job whilst on vacation in nz before so had no clue what visa we was going to go for. We wanted be back in New Zealand as soon as possible. His visa only took about 10 days to be approved (not the same for everyone mind) mine on the other hand (partner based visa) was a bit of rocky road to get. I get to join him in a couple of weeks ... yay!
Old Sep 19th 2017, 8:06 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Walfordnz
We have gone the WTR route for now, and will see if we want to go for that in the next 6 months to recoupe some money or wait till the two years is up and apply for residency. I think the latter may be a cheaper option but I'm not 100% sure.
My husband had been offered a job whilst on vacation in nz before so had no clue what visa we was going to go for. We wanted be back in New Zealand as soon as possible. His visa only took about 10 days to be approved (not the same for everyone mind) mine on the other hand (partner based visa) was a bit of rocky road to get. I get to join him in a couple of weeks ... yay!
It will cost the same in the end I believe, I personally would get it started asap, although the last immigration changes were quite significant doesn't mean that there won't be other significant changes around the corner, so please don't think the way is there now it will be there any time in the future.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
It will cost the same in the end I believe, I personally would get it started asap, although the last immigration changes were quite significant doesn't mean that there won't be other significant changes around the corner, so please don't think the way is there now it will be there any time in the future.
That's exactly what my husband was saying just because we qualify just now doesn't mean the 'rules' will be the same in two years time!
Old Sep 19th 2017, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Walfordnz
I followed your road to getting your visa! Glad it's finally all approved!! Good luck .

There was a hold up with my husband needing an extra test but that's all sorted now thankfully!
Old Sep 20th 2017, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

valleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nice

we did wtr but submitted our eoi the minute we landed was granted permanant residency within 3 months of being here. good luck x
Old Sep 20th 2017, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by valleygurl
we did wtr but submitted our eoi the minute we landed was granted permanant residency within 3 months of being here. good luck x
I think that's what we will aim to do, thanks!
Old Sep 20th 2017, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

valleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scottishedo
I think that's what we will aim to do, thanks!
Really easy process x we filled it all in the uk and just pushed submit once we were on NZ soil. good luck x
Old Sep 20th 2017, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by valleygurl
Really easy process x we filled it all in the uk and just pushed submit once we were on NZ soil. good luck x
Ahh that makes sense! I think we will start the paperwork filling in now.