Writer's Cramp!

Old May 8th 2007, 5:12 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Writer's Cramp!

Hi all

Although there are some here who will think we're mad to have read all that we have on here and STILL want to go to NZ but WE DO!!! So I'm just writing to say where we are at with it all.

We've work to go to in Cch, had x-rays and meds - all fine and healthy - in fact GP said I was well fit, but OH somewhat disappointingly tells me he doesn't think the GP meant it in that way! Police checks already done. All paperwork done for WTR visas for OH, my open work one and kids student ones, submitted and just waiting and praying now that all will be ok there as we exchanged on the house last Friday, have booked the container 22/23 May and flights 25 May. Booked first 2 weeks motel accommodation. Have sold the caravan, truck and last Saturday my car and now feel lost and trapped as it's either walk or bus it everywhere!

Have found wonderful new home for our 'not fit to fly' doggy and apparently he's having a great time and has settled well.

Writer's cramp bit? Well for anyone that hasn't done this yet there seems to be a mountain of paperwork that has to be filled in, at least that's what we've found, not just for the immigration bit but also for the amount of things we've had to sort this end, like all the things to cancel, re-direct, etc etc. In fact I suppose it should be RSI from all the typing or, I dunno, what do you call it for repetitive telephone dialling finger strain?

We even have 2 morgage offers arranged (in principle) for when we find a little shed to call home.

We're clearing all debts in UK before we go so will be left with considerably less than we'd hoped when we decided to go for this last autumn but it should just about do us. We spent a while on our reccie in March checking out supermarkets, fresh produce markets, school uniform prices, etc etc and although it'll be costly to set up again initially, I think we should be ok with a bit of budgeting. We spend infinitely more on stupid things that take our fancy here when food shopping than is healthy or necessary and have told the kids all that ends when we land!

Anyway, we're all looking forward to the challenge of starting again and experiencing and living the kiwi lifestyle - whatever that may bring
Old May 8th 2007, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice
Default Re: Writer's Cramp!

I would just like to wish you 'good luck' . I wish you all the best and hope NZ brings you everything you hope for.x.
Old May 8th 2007, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Hi all

Although there are some here who will think we're mad to have read all that we have on here and STILL want to go to NZ but WE DO!!! So I'm just writing to say where we are at with it all.

We've work to go to in Cch, had x-rays and meds - all fine and healthy - in fact GP said I was well fit, but OH somewhat disappointingly tells me he doesn't think the GP meant it in that way! Police checks already done. All paperwork done for WTR visas for OH, my open work one and kids student ones, submitted and just waiting and praying now that all will be ok there as we exchanged on the house last Friday, have booked the container 22/23 May and flights 25 May. Booked first 2 weeks motel accommodation. Have sold the caravan, truck and last Saturday my car and now feel lost and trapped as it's either walk or bus it everywhere!

Have found wonderful new home for our 'not fit to fly' doggy and apparently he's having a great time and has settled well.

Writer's cramp bit? Well for anyone that hasn't done this yet there seems to be a mountain of paperwork that has to be filled in, at least that's what we've found, not just for the immigration bit but also for the amount of things we've had to sort this end, like all the things to cancel, re-direct, etc etc. In fact I suppose it should be RSI from all the typing or, I dunno, what do you call it for repetitive telephone dialling finger strain?

We even have 2 morgage offers arranged (in principle) for when we find a little shed to call home.

We're clearing all debts in UK before we go so will be left with considerably less than we'd hoped when we decided to go for this last autumn but it should just about do us. We spent a while on our reccie in March checking out supermarkets, fresh produce markets, school uniform prices, etc etc and although it'll be costly to set up again initially, I think we should be ok with a bit of budgeting. We spend infinitely more on stupid things that take our fancy here when food shopping than is healthy or necessary and have told the kids all that ends when we land!

Anyway, we're all looking forward to the challenge of starting again and experiencing and living the kiwi lifestyle - whatever that may bring
Just go for it, have a wonderful time, hope to see you there one day
Old May 8th 2007, 6:53 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Hey Mandie glad to hear thing on target...hope the rest goes smoothly.
keep us posted won't you...and if i ever get my OH to say yes we'll have to catch up in chch for coffee
take care and have a safe trip
luv
Old May 8th 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Hi there, just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world! Keep us posted with your news. It's what keeps me glued to this site reading all the personal stories. And here's hoping perhaps one day I see you on the "other side".
Old May 8th 2007, 8:44 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Team Embo: Karma for your enterprising spirit

I realise that New Zealand doesn't turn out to be the answer to everyone's hopes but it has or us and hopefully it will for you also.
Old May 8th 2007, 10:22 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
Good on ya guys

It's all happening so quickly! Great news that it is smooth sailing so far, and we'll have a pint or 20 waiting for you when you land
Old May 9th 2007, 1:23 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that you're on your way soon. When did you submit your paperwork?

Kev is loving his new job. He's already managed to score a free ticket to the All Blacks v France game & he's been invited to a hangi tonight too through work. Tell Mark they speak a foriegn language on site though!!

PM me and let me know if you need any help
Old May 9th 2007, 6:25 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck to you all. Christchurch is a lovely city and is not called the garden city for nothing.