Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

WOW - what an expo!

WOW - what an expo!

Old Oct 14th 2006, 8:55 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WOW - what an expo!

Just come back from the expo in london. really enjoyed ourselves. got sucked into lots of sales pitches so nice to feel special.

Seriously though, we got some CVs out, made some great contacts, and my highlight has to be meeting Mike Cole!!!!! (of outbound emmigration fame - "the cole family move to NZ video diary"). It was like meeting a celebrity - really nice bloke. He was a great source of suggestions and advice.

Really glad we went. I would say it was a great event if you had already made up your mind and had handed in your application/on the verge of handing it in.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 9:02 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WOW - what an expo!

Originally Posted by dreamfish
Just come back from the expo in london. really enjoyed ourselves. got sucked into lots of sales pitches so nice to feel special.

Seriously though, we got some CVs out, made some great contacts, and my highlight has to be meeting Mike Cole!!!!! (of outbound emmigration fame - "the cole family move to NZ video diary"). It was like meeting a celebrity - really nice bloke. He was a great source of suggestions and advice.

Really glad we went. I would say it was a great event if you had already made up your mind and had handed in your application/on the verge of handing it in.

We also went to the Expo today and would recommend it to anyone who has the chance to go tomorrow or next week in Manchester. NZIS were especially helpful. We spent about 20 minutes asking questions and had the shock of our lives when we were told that work to residence visas are being turned around in about 5 woking days if you've got a job offer. Hubby going out at the end of November and the feedback we got today was that he should expect to come home with 4 or 5 offers!!!! Can I interest anyone in a house ?!!!!!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
I was at the London Expo and am going to the Manchester one too. I was on the ZEST4LIFE stand, just as you came in the door, with the green and black ballons and the great black bag give a ways. Hadn't worked that hard since working in the UK health system !!!

We are recruiting healthcare staff for the 5 midland region district health boards. We met some really great professionals and were able to make some provisional job offers, so if you are a healthcare worker, especially in mental health, come over at say hello at the MANCHESTER EXPO this coming week end.

Cheers Gill
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:09 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Hello
I was at the London Expo and am going to the Manchester one too. I was on the ZEST4LIFE stand, just as you came in the door, with the green and black ballons and the great black bag give a ways. Hadn't worked that hard since working in the UK health system !!!

We are recruiting healthcare staff for the 5 midland region district health boards. We met some really great professionals and were able to make some provisional job offers, so if you are a healthcare worker, especially in mental health, come over at say hello at the MANCHESTER EXPO this coming week end.

Cheers Gill
did we see you there on Friday? we asked silly questions about speech therapy in Auckland, private practice and work in schools......
wasn't too packed on friday as it was last year on the saturday in manchester....
very useful though!!!
enjoy the land of the Manc...... Ian
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:48 pm
In Albany and loving it!!

katracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Hello

Cheers Gill
We are going to the manchester expo this saturday. Don't need any ODP's do you?
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Professional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to all

Were there any companies there recruiting & interviewing on the day? I was passed this link today

http://management.silicon.com/itpro/...9163202,00.htm

and since im in IT - was wondering if its worth the trip from Edinburgh to Madchester.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katracy
We are going to the manchester expo this saturday. Don't need any ODP's do you?
Just checking with our various HR depts
, but I think we do for Rotorua hospital, will get back to you asap.
GILL
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Professional_Gypsy
Were there any companies there recruiting & interviewing on the day? I was passed this link today

and since im in IT - was wondering if its worth the trip from Edinburgh to Madchester.
To be honest, I'm not sure about IT, however, you could look on the workingin site and check out who is there.
Good luck GILL
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

DiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to all

I'm not sure about Manchester but we were at the one in London at the weekend and my sister was looking for IT positions. She found loads of people to talk to and it seemed to be really helpful for her. I noticed a lot of companies mentioning IT specifically, such as EDS, and also a lot of recruitment companies covering that area.

Hope that is some help.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:59 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

we handed out a number of CVs but we were not aware of any interviews being held.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:17 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Lots of recruitment agencies for IT there and also Hewlett Packard & IBM. Also Westpac are looking to recruit in IT. Hope this helps

Sarah
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Canada Southbound is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell me what this expo is. I wonder if they have anything like them in Canada.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:17 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canada Southbound
Tell me what this expo is. I wonder if they have anything like them in Canada.
imagine a large room about the size of a football pitch, fill it with stands, lots of people and lots of bumpf, mix in some quite pleasant (and some totally indedible) sweets, add lots of freebies (pens, rubbers, lanyards - we had two very useful for our walkie-talkies) add a couple of seminars (ticket only) then release the prospective emmigrants onto it and there you have it......an Expo.
Boil up in London's metropolis or the hip-happening Manc. city then that's about it.
Canada??? Where is that exactly...???
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Canada Southbound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl
imagine a large room about the size of a football pitch, fill it with stands, lots of people and lots of bumpf, mix in some quite pleasant (and some totally indedible) sweets, add lots of freebies (pens, rubbers, lanyards - we had two very useful for our walkie-talkies) add a couple of seminars (ticket only) then release the prospective emmigrants onto it and there you have it......an Expo.
Boil up in London's metropolis or the hip-happening Manc. city then that's about it.
Canada??? Where is that exactly...???
I've never heard of one for emmigration. Not here anyway. BTY, Canada is the vast snowy area above the USA. It's most important export is the majestic moose, and it's capital is Yellowknife, population 183.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:30 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Canada Southbound
I've never heard of one for emmigration. Not here anyway. BTY, Canada is the vast snowy area above the USA. It's most important export is the majestic moose, and it's capital is Yellowknife, population 183.
sounds nice - whydya wanna leave??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.