British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Would you live in Niue (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/would-you-live-niue-682806/)

shirl Aug 26th 2010 3:20 am

Would you live in Niue

OH employer has sent an email asking for employees to register their interest in going to work in Niue on a contract that they have just secured doing construction out there of a new holiday complex. My first reaction is no way not going!:eek: Thinking about it what would you do if you were offered a job like this. I feel we are getting too old to go chasing off to a tropical island for 12 months with the shops only open from 9-4 monday to friday, no cinemas, malls or other stuff I like to do. I think I would go stir crazy - there is only so much lazing on a beach you can do .. isn't there?????:confused:

dorrick Aug 26th 2010 3:57 am

Re: Would you live in Niue

Might want to do more research - don't think it has any beaches - it is more of a rock- sorry.

shirl Aug 26th 2010 5:28 am

Originally Posted by dorrick (Post 8803949)
Might want to do more research - don't think it has any beaches - it is more of a rock- sorry.

Yes it certainly looks that way doesn't it. Way too quiet for me I think!

londonescapee Aug 26th 2010 5:56 am

I guess if it is for a limited time and the pay is amazing then it might be worth it? Population of 1,400 according to Wikipedia - not quite Gibraltar is it, as rocks go :eek:

j19fmm Aug 26th 2010 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by shirl (Post 8803885)
OH employer has sent an email asking for employees to register their interest in going to work in Niue on a contract that they have just secured doing construction out there of a new holiday complex. My first reaction is no way not going!:eek: Thinking about it what would you do if you were offered a job like this. I feel we are getting too old to go chasing off to a tropical island for 12 months with the shops only open from 9-4 monday to friday, no cinemas, malls or other stuff I like to do. I think I would go stir crazy - there is only so much lazing on a beach you can do .. isn't there?????:confused:

If you don't fancy it...I'm up for it :rofl:

shirl Aug 26th 2010 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 8805707)
If you don't fancy it...I'm up for it :rofl:

If you are in construction I am sure you could apply for the position yourself lol!!!

j19fmm Aug 26th 2010 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by shirl (Post 8805740)
If you are in construction I am sure you could apply for the position yourself lol!!!

Ummmm no :unsure: think they need a teacher?? :rofl: