British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Would love to meet similar in Lower Hutt and surrounds (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/would-love-meet-similar-lower-hutt-surrounds-639721/)

sandie k Nov 9th 2009 2:06 am

Would love to meet similar in Lower Hutt and surrounds

Hi, My husband and I moved over seven weeks ago. My hubby works long hours six days a week and I am struggling to gain employment. I would love to meet up with any girls in the daytime for lunch, chats and walks etc. I am in the lower hutt area and am relying on the buses at the mo until our cars are sold. I am in my forties and have a young outlook. Thanking you in advance

cappuccino Nov 9th 2009 8:22 am

Re: Would love to meet similar in Lower Hutt and surrounds

I'd be happy to meet up with you one weekend. I can't PM you because you haven't posted enough messages but keep posting and then we can communicate privately.

sandie k Nov 9th 2009 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 8083434)
I'd be happy to meet up with you one weekend. I can't PM you because you haven't posted enough messages but keep posting and then we can communicate privately.

ok that would be great

MOSO Nov 9th 2009 11:13 pm

My husband's cousin lives in Wainui and we stayed with her for the first couple of weeks when we arrived at the end of September. I'm now up on the Kapiti coast but often come over that way. I've got to pop into Wellington next week and would be happy to meet up with you for lunch, I've got to get back to pick the kids up from school though.

Think of a couple more postings and I'll be able to PM you my details.

sandie k Nov 10th 2009 12:25 am

Originally Posted by MOSO (Post 8085463)
My husband's cousin lives in Wainui and we stayed with her for the first couple of weeks when we arrived at the end of September. I'm now up on the Kapiti coast but often come over that way. I've got to pop into Wellington next week and would be happy to meet up with you for lunch, I've got to get back to pick the kids up from school though.

Think of a couple more postings and I'll be able to PM you my details.

That would be great thankyou

cappuccino Nov 10th 2009 3:11 am

So Sandie, what do you think of Wainui?

sandie k Nov 10th 2009 5:12 am

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 8086025)
So Sandie, what do you think of Wainui?

I live in a lovely quiet area close to all the walks and reserve. When the sun is shining it's gorgeous but when it rains it can be quite bleak. The shoppin centre is good for all your daily needs and the bus service is great, especially considering I hadn't caught a bus in 20 years. I have started planting my own vege garden and I think the wainui rain and sun rain and sun will soon get it thrivin

Lotty595 Dec 16th 2009 10:32 am

Hi there, I'm moving to Welly on my own in just under 4 weeks! No idea where I'll be living yet but would be great to meet up at some point and I'll have a car - I'm early 40s too!

sandie k Dec 16th 2009 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Lotty595 (Post 8176963)
Hi there, I'm moving to Welly on my own in just under 4 weeks! No idea where I'll be living yet but would be great to meet up at some point and I'll have a car - I'm early 40s too!

Oh that would be great

cappuccino Jan 2nd 2010 8:43 pm

Happy New Year everyone.

Seems like there are a few of us in the Hutt now.

This is my suggestion for a meet up, so please reply either in agreement or with alternatives and let's get this off the ground :)

Sun 17th Jan - 11am - New Douse Cafe Reka (45 Laings Road, near the Town Hall/i-site)

Looking forward to meeting fellow 'Hutties', but of course this isn't just restricted to where we live, anyone from Welly can join us :thumbsup:

cappuccino Jan 9th 2010 6:58 am

bump!