Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Would I move to NZ tomorrow if I knew what I know now?

Would I move to NZ tomorrow if I knew what I know now?

Old Aug 20th 2012, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Would I move to NZ tomorrow if I knew what I know now?

Originally Posted by thepinkone
I live in Wolvs, work in Walsall - £ for cheeseburger and chips - no more mate, they're trying to make the area all cosmopolitan only place you can get cheese burger & cips for a pound is the kids option at Maccy D's - we do still have all the pork sarnie shops though (shudder)
They've got rid of the pound burger deals

Damn

Do the pork sarnie shops still sell the pork and apple stuffing sandwiches or the pork drippin ones?
Old Aug 21st 2012, 6:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I will check with Mr BEVS rellies and friends back in Wolvo and the surrounding area, assuming they haven't slit their own throats in a mass suicide of mass depression at where they have lived all their lives.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I will check with Mr BEVS rellies and friends back in Wolvo and the surrounding area, assuming they haven't slit their own throats in a mass suicide of mass depression at where they have lived all their lives.
Hang on a minute, didn't you pull someone up (fairly, I thought at the time) on the fact they'd criticised where you are from; http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...h#post10230198

I realise I'm at risk of being accused of picking on you, BEVS, given my recent post in the 'Your Attitude' thread, this isn't my intention.

But as a key contributor to this forum perhaps you should be a bit more consistent with your views?

I realise that your husband is from Wolverhampton, hence the joke, but so are some others on the forum. Your slitting their own throat comments comes across a bit strong ... Maybe that's just me, I'm hardly the shy retiring type however.

Perhaps, you're simply in a seriously bad mood?
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
Perhaps, you're simply in a seriously bad mood?
I think actually it is you that missed the irony, entirely.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

Come on Tom1983, you know they will never stop selling anything that goes with pork.

OH is very proud to be a yam-yam and has not (yet) considered slitting his throat - I on the other hand... (yam-yam sense of humour?)
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Irony and sarcasm, for that matter, never come across well via text.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

Its all about Wolves, The Albion and the Pub in the Midlands...after the dole queue

But as someone already said there are worse places

Such as parts of London, Liverpool, Leeds and Glasgow

But i cant stand the place

so depressing

The train ride from Wolves to Brum is like going through a 3rd world country

Last edited by DennisBergkamp; Aug 21st 2012 at 10:37 am.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:38 am
`

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Originally Posted by thepinkone
OH is very proud to be a yam-yam and has not (yet) considered slitting his throat - I on the other hand... (yam-yam sense of humour?)
Quite.

You'm be seeing the same message entirely

Originally Posted by dennisberkamp
Its all about Wolves, The Albion and the Pub in the Midlands...after the dole queue
His lot - None of them - are in the dole queue. Mr BEVs did a stint around The Albion to live dangerously.... once
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:46 am
`

Originally Posted by BEVS
Okays. I have some answers.

"Hot pork baps am still going here"
"Nom,nom,nom"
"Outside Wickes.

"Yes. You can get a burger for a pound in Maccy's, if that is what you'm thinking of."

So. All good on the nom nom front.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

The 99p menu lives on at the Golden Arches.