Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Would I move to NZ tomorrow if I knew what I know now?

Would I move to NZ tomorrow if I knew what I know now?

Old Aug 17th 2012, 6:49 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would I move to NZ tomorrow if I knew what I know now?

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Stephen King's words hold true for you: Get busy living or get busy dying.
Firstly, how'd you get my surname? And you spelt my first name right
Secondly, I never said such a thing! if I did, I'd consider myself literate and start writing for a living. But then, not sure there's much money in it.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

a definitive YES from me & mine
Old Aug 17th 2012, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

P.S Despite living through 2 major Earthquakes in Christchurch
Old Aug 17th 2012, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

phyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud of

Out of interest why did peeps move to NZ. Not trying to start a debate but rather am interested as I'm looking at moving my family back home to the BOP.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

phyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud of

When I get home I'm going to aim to give 1 expat a hug a day. Sound's like many need it.

OK maybe not a hug but I'd love to meet some of you.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm definitely getting itchy feet & looking at other places to live. I'm quite fancying Dubai, I loved it when we were there in 2003.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 2:18 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, probably. My opinion of NZ, formed during previous holidays has not changed. By that I mean it's not a question of knowing anything or even anything new. More of the same is all I've had in NZ, and not all bad I'll grudgingly admit on a rare good day. It was probably a mistake to move to Christchurch but who factors an earthquake into their plans ? It's in the past now. Easy for me to say, I have nothing to grieve for unlike people in Christchurch who are heartbroken for a number of reasons and can't/won't walk away.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, a hug for Genesis who has been given a heap of crap here from people who seem rather pathetic. This IS a messageboard for opinions isnt it?

Secondly, would I move to NZ if knew what I know now? No bloody way.

I was not one of those who was escaping something crap in England. I had a great life and married a NZ'er. Life in NZ is total crap compared to where I come from - the better parts of Southern England. Socially dead, intellectually dead. Dull as dishwater.

Dont bother telling me Im getting all EMO or whatever cos I really aint listening. And dont bother suggesting I go back to England either, cos I have a large number of kiwi kids now so it aint always that easy is it?
Old Aug 18th 2012, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Browner_
First of all, a hug for Genesis who has been given a heap of crap here from people who seem rather pathetic. This IS a messageboard for opinions isnt it?

Secondly, would I move to NZ if knew what I know now? No bloody way.

I was not one of those who was escaping something crap in England. I had a great life and married a NZ'er. Life in NZ is total crap compared to where I come from - the better parts of Southern England. Socially dead, intellectually dead. Dull as dishwater.

Dont bother telling me Im getting all EMO or whatever cos I really aint listening. And dont bother suggesting I go back to England either, cos I have a large number of kiwi kids now so it aint always that easy is it?
Cheers B, yes there are some seemingly 'precious' people about these days. Have PM'd you, great to see you back on the site.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by phyns
Out of interest why did peeps move to NZ. Not trying to start a debate but rather am interested as I'm looking at moving my family back home to the BOP.
We came out here (2yrs ago) because we found the UK was becoming extremely over crowded. it was getting impossible to be spontaneous (due to having to book stuff many weeks in advance...got fed up of having to cancel stuff due to the poor weather... we were fed up of the 2wk summer hol abroad...the snobbery...the materialism and the general unfriendliness & unhappiness of people We wanted to offer our son & ourselves a better life
Old Aug 18th 2012, 10:57 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I would, my only regret is not moving sooner.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Browner_ Damn....sucks to be you. Never mind, seems like you have no option near you to do anything about it.

Gotta run, there's a nice country pub around the corner I want to visit.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

the same as simonsi
we first, went to nz in 1990, and on one of the bach,s there was a caravan with awing for sale, then was $10,000, we were offered it but thought we wont come back ( little did we know ) today it worth about $400,000 and it been made into a nice building now caravan all gone right on the beach
Old Aug 19th 2012, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

I came here as i'm from the Black Country....the biggest shithole in the Western World (yam needs to go there to see for yam self)

I wouldn't mind the South West (Bristol) or living in Islington (near Arsenal)

But NZ is good for me for now..maybe Perth one day!
Old Aug 19th 2012, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phyns
Browner_ Damn....sucks to be you. Never mind, seems like you have no option near you to do anything about it.

Gotta run, there's a nice country pub around the corner I want to visit.
I should. Cos when you get to NZ it will all be tattooed yobs chucking trays or jagermeister down their throat with their jeans half way up their arse.

Now Im fully aware that UK has some dodgy scummy areas, but what it has that NZ doesnt is choice and variety.

The thought of living in Devon compared to somewhere like Levin , god it makes me reach even writing down the name of the place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.