Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

That was worth an email!

That was worth an email!

Old Mar 14th 2012, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

BenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default That was worth an email!

We have booked to fly over with singapore airlines in april, i sent there customer services dept an email explaining that we were emigrating and asked for the pricelist etc for excess baggage.

They replied yesterday giving us complimentary double baggage allowance so went from just 56kg's to 112kg's total!

I dont think i could find that much to take
Old Mar 14th 2012, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Philzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nice
Default Re: That was worth an email!

Originally Posted by BenP
We have booked to fly over with singapore airlines in april, i sent there customer services dept an email explaining that we were emigrating and asked for the pricelist etc for excess baggage.

They replied yesterday giving us complimentary double baggage allowance so went from just 56kg's to 112kg's total!

I dont think i could find that much to take

Nice work! I'll keep that in mind for future reference!
Old Mar 14th 2012, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

BenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a little moan in the email as they do a special migrant deal for people going to oz but not nz which seemed strange, but its worked!
Old Mar 14th 2012, 8:14 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

wished we had thought of it, might try it on our flight back from the UK in a few months time.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Only 56kg, was that in total or each?

When we flew out here with Singapore, we were allowed 40kg each so we took 2 bags each at literally 20kg (some probably a few grams over) and that was on a visa from Heathrow to Christchurch. Fabulous airline by the way.

Well done on the raise, the only little negative we had with Singapore was them charging 240 odd quid for me to take the golf clubs. It still worked out cheaper to go with them though than with either Air New Zealand, Emirates, Qantas or British Airways.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 8:47 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenP

I think Ben trumps you Tom
Old Mar 15th 2012, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Print that email and take it to the check in desk, they can be a pain in the arse
Old Apr 15th 2012, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

ellenl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this info, i also emailed them to check & they said it's for a residence visa that is unused/unstamped - so that will be me.

Thanks
Ellen