Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

worst/frightening driving

worst/frightening driving

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default worst/frightening driving

Whats the worst/frightening bit of driving you've seen in NZ. We see lots every time we drive to Auckland.
We were heading north on the motorway the other day Just after Auckland Harbour Bridge & saw a car full of teenage lads weeving between all 4 lanes going at a speed of about 110-120kmh, as you see on movie car chases. The last move we saw them make was between 2 cars & they had to actually drive diagonally between them, it was that tight!!! Scary!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:58 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: worst/frightening driving

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Whats the worst/frightening bit of driving you've seen in NZ. We see lots every time we drive to Auckland.
We were heading north on the motorway the other day Just after Auckland Harbour Bridge & saw a car full of teenage lads weeving between all 4 lanes going at a speed of about 110-120kmh, as you see on movie car chases. The last move we saw them make was between 2 cars & they had to actually drive diagonally between them, it was that tight!!! Scary!

Drive behind me, I'll scare you to death!! Or drive in front of me on the fast lane of the motorway below speed limit...scarier! Until you've seen me drive, you ain't seen nothing! Just got a rental car for the trip to the airport, a brand new Vauxhall Zevira (?), a real 'soccermom' sort of car. I've had it one day and it STINKS!! The tyres are shredded, the clutch is buggered. I'm like a boy racer. Only I'm not young and I'm not male!!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:05 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Drive behind me, I'll scare you to death!! Or drive in front of me on the fast lane of the motorway below speed limit...scarier! Until you've seen me drive, you ain't seen nothing! Just got a rental car for the trip to the airport, a brand new Vauxhall Zevira (?), a real 'soccermom' sort of car. I've had it one day and it STINKS!! The tyres are shredded, the clutch is buggered. I'm like a boy racer. Only I'm not young and I'm not male!!
Excuse me, I have a Zafira, (try fitting 4 kids & 2 dobermans into a Z3!! )What's a "soccermom?"
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:25 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Oh this post is gonna go down well

When we were on our recce that thing that got me most was how aggressive the female drivers were. They were horrendous

Im sure most of them thought they were in a NASCAR race
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:00 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Oh this post is gonna go down well

When we were on our recce that thing that got me most was how aggressive the female drivers were. They were horrendous

Im sure most of them thought they were in a NASCAR race
actually female, middle aged, around 50 plus, were the most aggressive drivers i experienced out there. two tried to run me off the road!

i actually ran a bloke off the road. i was driving a focus automatic. i saw an opportunity to overtake this old chap, pressed my foot to the floor so that the gears kicked down - (engine makes an orgasmic grunting when you do that) - of course this noise of a revving engine must have scared the living shit out this bloke cos he swung over into the 'parking lane' kicking up gravel rocks plants and debris all up into the air, onto our roof and bonnet and the dudes behind us. He looked pale as a tin of dulux when we drove past - swear he was having a coronary there and then.

i wasnt proud.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:15 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreamfish
actually female, middle aged, around 50 plus, were the most aggressive drivers i experienced out there. two tried to run me off the road!

i actually ran a bloke off the road. i was driving a focus automatic. i saw an opportunity to overtake this old chap, pressed my foot to the floor so that the gears kicked down - (engine makes an orgasmic grunting when you do that) - of course this noise of a revving engine must have scared the living shit out this bloke cos he swung over into the 'parking lane' kicking up gravel rocks plants and debris all up into the air, onto our roof and bonnet and the dudes behind us. He looked pale as a tin of dulux when we drove past - swear he was having a coronary there and then.

i wasnt proud.

i wasnt proud.[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:25 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

i wasnt proud.
See theres my proof

Bloody women drivers

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:52 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

When i visited NZ i was following a flat bed truck that had a collision damaged car unsecured on the back, as we were driving along the bumper, bonnet and a door blew off of the back and nearly wiped us off the face of the earth......the debris hit several cars behind us...the truck never stopped.........
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:56 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

See theres my proof

Bloody women drivers

oh, but i did feel rotten about it after.... after I had a good cackle and peed my pants that is.

hope he was ok.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 3:11 pm
Banned

oh, but i did feel rotten about it after.... after I had a good cackle and peed my pants that is.

hope he was ok.
So that makes it alright then does it?

Us poor blokes suffer for you womens cack driving

PS I am now ducking
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 3:45 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Excuse me, I have a Zafira, (try fitting 4 kids & 2 dobermans into a Z3!! )What's a "soccermom?"
You know, a Mommy's car, adopted from the yanks, the ones that drive their kids to school, soccer practice, etc. Real housewifey types. The car is great for space (I have two kids). But I still can't get out of my sporty car stage. I keep having these great ideas, I'll get a motorbike or, I would love one of the old Porsches, and hubby has to keep reminding, 'where will the kids go?' DOH!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 3:46 pm
Sweeeeet!

i wasnt proud.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Carl keeps on calling me Speedy! I just love motor-sports and want to have a go before we leave!

In fact, I'm going to look into it right now

Michelle xx
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:23 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

See theres my proof

Bloody women drivers

Listen here you!!!!

If you bl**dy men didn't think it was your god given right to be at the front of every bl**dy queue on every road in the land, then us bl**dy women would not feel the urge to hunt you down and give you the bird!!!!

My MIL, who is 64, and drives a Jaguar ( Mrs Bucket the 2nd!!) gave some bloke the bird the other day cos he thought that she was a sweet little old lady who wouldn't say boo to a goose, which is usually true until some t****er tries to run her off the roundabout & then she turns into Ma Baker!!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Listen here you!!!!

If you bl**dy men didn't think it was your god given right to be at the front of every bl**dy queue on every road in the land, then us bl**dy women would not feel the urge to hunt you down and give you the bird!!!!

My MIL, who is 64, and drives a Jaguar ( Mrs Bucket the 2nd!!) gave some bloke the bird the other day cos he thought that she was a sweet little old lady who wouldn't say boo to a goose, which is usually true until some t****er tries to run her off the roundabout & then she turns into Ma Baker!!!!
Shut it and concentrate on the bloody road women

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.