Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Worst ever christmas pressies

Worst ever christmas pressies

Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Worst ever christmas pressies

Just thought ,feeling a little christmassy ,sat here early Sunday a.m in foggy Bolton , looking at twinkling lights on tree and then chuckling at some of the awful pressies ( I know I'm ungrateful ) that I have had. Worst one off hubby was a toilet cleaner - ok it was a naked man with a nodding head - but still a toilet cleaner!!! - ahhhh that was the year he had trouble with his botty - I wonder if it's still up there !!!!! Oh and a belly button brush ( wots is all that about ???? ) again off my beloved !

so over to you guys ......................
Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

JoJo76 is a name known to allJoJo76 is a name known to allJoJo76 is a name known to allJoJo76 is a name known to allJoJo76 is a name known to allJoJo76 is a name known to allJoJo76 is a name known to allJoJo76 is a name known to allJoJo76 is a name known to allJoJo76 is a name known to allJoJo76 is a name known to all
Default Re: Worst ever christmas pressies

My great aunt once gave me a double sachet of coffee, can't remember the brand but it was obliously a freebie from a mag LOL
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

A 2nd hand car battery from a bloke I had been going out with for a while.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

Superwoman x 5 will become famous soon enoughSuperwoman x 5 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bolton1 View Post
Just thought ,feeling a little christmassy ,sat here early Sunday a.m in foggy Bolton , looking at twinkling lights on tree and then chuckling at some of the awful pressies ( I know I'm ungrateful ) that I have had. Worst one off hubby was a toilet cleaner - ok it was a naked man with a nodding head - but still a toilet cleaner!!! - ahhhh that was the year he had trouble with his botty - I wonder if it's still up there !!!!! Oh and a belly button brush ( wots is all that about ???? ) again off my beloved !

so over to you guys ......................
Got to be the year my twins were born so they would have been 6 months by xmas time ...I got a Prezzie of a Flower Pressing Kit !! Yip Loads of time to press flowers...lol its the thought that counts
Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:57 am
Banned

Scouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really nice

My grandparents gave me aftershave one year.

I was 7 years old at the time.....
Old Dec 15th 2008, 8:29 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

A pair of 'manky' brown suede gloves in the works christmas 'pick n dip' bran tub followed the following year by tan tights.

Pauline
Old Dec 20th 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Receiving letter from Pensions saying that they were reducing my pension in April due to a mistake they made in 1978!

Receiving a report from Doc for NZIS Medic, with erroneous info in it taken from hospital records made in 2003.
When I pointed out the error and the fact that op had been cancelled that time due to them having 'lost' my notes and the anesthetist refusing to go ahead w/o them, he replied "I can only write the report on the notes I have to hand."
He says it's not that important anyway and shouldn't effect their decision! After reading some of the posts re- medical referrals

Anyway 'what will be will be!' Getting to the stage of being past caring.
Have a great Xmas where ever you are- I'm certainly pushing the boat out this year- but in warmer climes

As for worst ever Xmas present?

Pair of tights 2 sizes too large and so thick I gave them to the 'Bridlington Fishing Club' to use as nets!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:21 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by howden40 View Post
A pair of 'manky' brown suede gloves in the works christmas 'pick n dip' bran tub followed the following year by tan tights.

Pauline
OMG. Those awful anonymous works xmas gifts thing .

I once picked my boss to sort a gift for and the bloke had really hacked me right off with his holier that thou attitude to others , so I got him a really naughty dot to dot book. He was not at all amused.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:55 am
Banned

Scouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really nice

A colleague back in the UK once bought his Mrs a vacuum cleaner for Christmas.

Yep - a vacuum cleaner.

Guys - I dunno about your collective spouses, but if I bought the current Mrs one of these, it'd take an X-Ray to locate the attachments!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:53 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

My friend bought his wife a vacuum cleaner. He thought it was a superpractical present.

Yeah, may well be. If so, buy it in July.

If someone buys me a vacuum cleaner it had better be delivered by a nekkid Dan Carter or else I will be wondering which person I know wishes to lose a limb or two.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

The hubby wanted to buy me a sewing machine for Christmas this year!! His hems were down on his work trousers...

I went out last week and bought my own LOL

Every year the MIL buys me smelly sh!t in a basket and she gets it back every birthday