Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

worried about emigrating

worried about emigrating

Old Sep 11th 2012, 12:27 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: worried about emigrating

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Goodnight Kiwis!

Sounds like Pinky isn't come over after all, such a shame. We could really do with more people like her in NZ (!) Although on the plus side she doesn't worship Satan, which is always a plus when integrating into a new country...

I'll go get more popcorn.
Daily Mail headline: NZ says NO to mass immigration of Satanists due to evidence they cause cancer and are responsible for all cases of single motherhood
Old Sep 11th 2012, 12:28 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
She'll get an orange instead. Duh!
But but but but NZ isn't offering oranges to anyone. So there
Old Sep 11th 2012, 12:29 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're missing Pinky2's point Persephone! Come on, what's wrong with a bit of positive thinking ay? She's obviously going to come over, snap up a job for her and her husband on a visitors visa and get her sons enrolled in an apprenticeship with absolutely no visa. It'll all be fine when they turn up in NZ with no accommodation, no visas but it'll all be OK because they'll be thinking positively (and have plenty of lemonade?). And all easily achieved by October! GO PINKY2!
Old Sep 11th 2012, 12:46 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Yeah I know, I'm thinking about it all wrong. Now I'm looking at things with the correct visionary zeal [thanks for that insight Pinky2] I am wondering how on earth me, a university educated experienced professional, did not realise that I didn't need to go through all that longwinded and expensive immigration nonsense.

A bit of positivity, dreaming of unicorns, thinking about all sorts of lovely things and just the simple fact that I am not a Satanist would have been enough. Silly silly me
Old Sep 11th 2012, 12:56 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Don't sweat it Persephone, perhaps all expats can learn from Pinky2 to save us all the bother in the future. I think her plan is to skip all the immigration nonsense. Makes sense really. All that paperwork for medicals, xrays, police reports and visas. To hell with it all, perhaps they'll all turn up to the airport without passports, flight tickets or insurance. Non of that is needed in reality, especially when one is a positive person and doesn't worship Satan. That usually works when trying to coerce the flight attendants into letting you, your other half and kids on to a flight without tickets or a passport. "Excuse me madam but can I see your passport?" "No sir, I've decided to board this flight with nothing but a little positive thinking if that's OK?" "Absolutely ma'am, next stop New Zealand!"
Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

pinky2 is an unknown quantity at this point

now now NZ you are showing your teeth which are green

what if i achieve it, hey what will you say like i said i will give you a update once i get to welly

you are all taking it out of context, did i say i was not going to get a visa to work no
did i say i was not going to go thru imm - no of course i have to duh
Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:44 pm
She'll be right

Good on ya Pinks, see you on the other side. That's IF a) you've managed to make it out within 3 weeks or b) you haven't been deported after making it out and buggering it all up.

One thing I am confused about is you say you want to move in October. Your sons have must have already started a new term at school or enrolled at college/university. If you're planning on going to NZ in October with the wrong visas which wont allow them access to education they're surely going to be missing out on an education. It's going to be months before they're granted access to apprenticeships or education (IF they're even granted access). And what are they going to be doing in the mean time? They wont be able to work (wrong visa), they'll be in a new place without having many friends so I guess they'll have to make do with feeling isolated and be happy with skulking around the house (that you haven't yet found) until things get sorted. Or is this another case of positive thinking?

Please do update us, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we will all be on tenterhooks awaiting your update.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Daily Mail headline: NZ says NO to mass immigration of Satanists due to evidence they cause cancer and are responsible for all cases of single motherhood
I was just wondering how on earth Satan came into it! Does he have a visa for NZ? His cousin must be the African Satan who just arrived in America and they liked him so much they gave him a B2 visa on the spot.... Still I suppose they let us witches into Aus so anything is possible

Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Chick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to all

Pinky2, PLEASE can I ask that you update us each day with your plans and how you get on? I think we all need more Pinky2 insights in to life and immigration.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:01 pm
She'll be right

Hi Pollyana!

No, Satan doesn't need a visa. He'll probably just come over and wing it. He seems like that type of guy. As for his African cousin what a lucky bugger he is! But not so lucky is his Indian cousin, who, like all Indians, don't have money and will never make it out of India...
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:06 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Hi Pollyana!

No, Satan doesn't need a visa. He'll probably just come over and wing it. He seems like that type of guy. As for his African cousin what a lucky bugger he is! But not so lucky is his Indian cousin, who, like all Indians, don't have money and will never make it out of India...

Wonder if Satan'd be looking for a career change when he gets off the plane, hope he's got Irish blood, he could get a job in construction straight away Could start a whole new trend, Devilishly Good Homes, designed and built by Satan..............:
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

definately will how can i not when you all are waiting with baited breath why not meet me at the airport

currently sold my dryer
am looking at storage for my household things coz i believe i will need them there including car.
might be flying thru kuala lumpur not sure yet seems cheapest option will be breaking flight though to long did it once to hongkong and regretted it had long stopover in airport in doha most horrible
my sons do not want to come to nz coz some friends told them it was a shit holiday very boring nothing to do, to caught up in technology wht i say

they were supposed to start college in sep and appy 16yr old but did not just waiting to fly out.
I am very determined to get them NZ education as i believe it is proper
i will try my best at whatever nz throws at me I believe that common sense prevails in nz and that is what we want just being able to use it

NZ you do not know what suffering is try living in zimbabwe with no water and electricity bare essentials cut off poor schooling. no you are living a glorious life there, in India they complain about water if they could have it 24hrs out a tap, I lived in venezuela with water cuts and using rain water and my sons will just have to rough it, for a while so i know all about expensive countries i am living in one.
Can NZ be worse than uk - i dont think so,
And why not Australia, coz my sons eyes cannot handle heat he is allergic to extreme sun
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:27 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by pinky2
And why not Australia, coz my sons eyes cannot handle heat he is allergic to extreme sun
Why not Australia? Cos I don't think you would be able to get a visa to live and work here with your current circumstances. The sun is irrelevant.

I've never been across to New Zealand, but I hate the heat of Queensland. I might have to try crossing the Tasman if they don't have sun over there -
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:28 pm
She'll be right

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Wonder if Satan'd be looking for a career change when he gets off the plane, hope he's got Irish blood, he could get a job in construction straight away Could start a whole new trend, Devilishly Good Homes, designed and built by Satan..............:
Love it!

Oh Pinky2 your sons say they do not want to go and I cannot blame them. At that age who would want to fly across the other side of the world when all that awaits them is no school, no job and no housing. But it's OK because you are a positive person and have sold your dryer, well done. Don't worry about visas or a place to live or an education for your sons.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

but i am worried about my sons that is why i am leaving uk life is more than brand names and phones they must not get into this mode (they are already) i fail to see why everything i say is taken out of context can;t i believe that it will work out. of course i have to get into a motel when we get there i am curently looking into it it is no brainer to get a hotel and obviously there must be places to eat and buses to get around to imm
the boys will handle it they are men after all, dont worry you all sound like worrywarts i am coming yet you are more worried then me, if i fail the british embassy will fly me back if i am stuck in nz. and you have to have a return ticket when you fly to any country.

BTW satan is already there in you can't you recognise him

Oh no-one answered my question about the blanket sport you all went very quiet why so little people what are you doing?

anyway like i said this thread has gone on long enough

so peace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.