Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

worried about emigrating

worried about emigrating

Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:25 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: worried about emigrating

Originally Posted by pinky2
if you are so educated why do you take all my posts out of context
YOU GOT TO HAVE A VISA - I KNOW
Thank god, so do it the proper way then and don't go on chance.

, i am only a human being people are allowed to make mistakes that is why they have jails
Seriously? we have jails to keep scum away from decent law abiding citizens

I have read the nz immg website it is very straight forward
Good so what are your EOI points then?

btw i saw the article on south african woman in nz about to be deported are they making an example of her?
No its the law, unfair as it might seem its still the law

I REALLY GOT TO GO AND SLEEP YOU KNOW THIS HAS TO STOP NOW
PEACE
Good hopefully you can sleep on it and look at legally getting yourself and your family over here.

Can I just point out as I do feel I might of been a little harsh. It is possible to come over here on a holiday visa and stumble into a job offer, it's exactly what happened to our family. Difference being my husband came out on a holiday to meet a friend for just 2 weeks, during his stay he was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and had skills that someone was looking for. Difference being he had not dragged the whole family over on one type of visa to covertly obtain another.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:28 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

You do have an option - stay in the UK, you fit right in Pinky!

You have blatantly contradicted yourself on a number of occasions, which is why it's so obvious you are a troll. The main one being at the start of this thread saying you can't make head or tails of what you have to do to get to NZ yet you have just said you fully understand the process. So if you know it all then come on over, bugger it up, be left penniless, homeless, without the right visa and get you and your family deported. Good luck to you!

After a day of entertainment I think it's time to turn in. Goodnight all! Damn it love30atm I have meds stuck in my head now!
Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

if you are so educated why do you take all my posts out of context
when did i say i could get a job in nz and not apply for a work visa for 1 yr
when? which country just gives kids appys/scholarships without visa?
i know the website says 17-24yrs must get working holiday visa - i read
i just do not understand why you are making a big deal, if i want to come how does this affect you, i am only a human being people are allowed to make mistakes that is why they have jails
and for you information uk has the same immigration policies for work also
visa requirement or not work. nz is not unique in this way
why cant i come to nz how i want if i get deported you wont lose sleep
let people do what they need to do, dont police the country you have police and imm to do this job.
And about the usa it is just you cannot watch the bbc video on baltimore

I have read the nz immg website it is very straight forward
i have done nothing in uk, what can i do in nz, it seems to me that you guys dont want anybody there and try your damndest to stop people from coming over like me, i am entitled to my opinion just like you. I have really been battered by this forum i hope you are happy it is supposed to help but you have not killed my spirit not all though have answered sarcastically some are wonderful and try to talk logically
btw i saw the article on south african woman in nz about to be deported are they making an example of her?
Considering how expensive things are there do you not think that you need immigrants, who will bring the cost of stuff down?
to tell you the truth it may seem mad that i want to come soon, but i dont have a option it is make or break it, DONT JUDGE A MAN TILL YOU WALKED IN HIS SHOES OR TROD HIS PATH OF LIFE

I REALLY GOT TO GO AND SLEEP YOU KNOW THIS HAS TO STOP NOW
PEACE
It has a certain poetry to it - reminds me of John Cooper Clarke.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

I've had an interesting time this morning trying to follow this thread. I agree with Pom-Chch.

Pinky if you understand the immigration process go right ahead and come on over. Sell up everything you have in the UK - you have nothing to loose.

Oh - out of interest - I get the impression that you are an immigrant to the UK from how you have referred to holding a british passport. What country did you immigrate from and how long did it take you to obtain working visas when you first arrived in the UK?

Ah well - getting deported if it doesn't work out is no big deal at all and i'm sure the USA will still welcome you. Plenty of other countries out there to try out!
Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Again WOW! That was one of the most entertaining threads I've ever read. Pure Jeremy Kyle x BE on speed.
A big THANK YOU for brightening up my morning.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:44 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Phew now it's definitely time to turn in. I'm quite exhausted after a day of fighting a troll on speed.

It strikes me as odd that Pinky claims to be a secretary. Just a question to all you people out there - would you employ a secretary who can barely string a written sentence together? The punctuation, grammar and spelling is shocking. But it's OK, she'll be waved on through immigration because she is of great importance to NZ obviously.

G'night Pinks!
Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

The 6th post she made on BE:

here we go again,
Suggests to me that she's an old hand at this.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:56 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

i ama holder of a british passport and do not need a visa to come
i just need some info
This was your (arrogant) answer to the very first factual piece of advice you were given after asking your questions.

Since then you have been given lots of information but because it has not been to your liking, you have become increasingly loud (CAPITALS = SHOUTING).

In amongst it you have been given a lot of useful information about how lengthy and difficult it can be to obtain a correct NZ visa. These comments come from people who have done it, not just researched (badly) on the internet. All along you have rebuffed this with assertations that positive thinking will get you through.

Good luck. You will need it. And a visa.

You are lucky that NZIS cannot identify you from this thread, it indicates your intent to misuse a visa category (ie search for work on a visitors visa), and that is grounds to refuse entry.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Pinky, this has been the funniest thread I've read in a long time on here.

I've just joined the prison service here in NZ and I promise I'll take good care of you and your boys
while you are being held awaiting deportation

Good luck with your move, see you soon
Old Sep 11th 2012, 10:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

i bet you guys are all old
i did not write those posts in the newspapers here in uk and the usa or australia it is what it says you just cant accept defeat, you just cant
this is what the newspapers says it is not for you to argue when you all know nothing about it, you can think you know you dont, you can say it says no immigrants but that is the headline, we watched the video on bbc and it is happening.

The irish have been given visa at embassy in ireland for aus,can,NZ ask them in CHCH you did not know this but there they are in front of you, it was in the newspapers here and on news but not over there as NZ is still in the dark. What do you know after all, if i come i dont come to you, if i fail will you be there to see, if i get a visa will you be happy - no because from your posts it is not possible for any to be happy for others. LIKE I SAID BEFORE NZ WILL BE DRAGGED INTO THE 21ST CENTUARY KICKING AND SCREAMING WITH A INFLUX OF MIGRANTS JUST WHAT YOU DID TO THE MAORI IT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND, IT HAPPENED IN UK, USA TAKEN OVER BY SPANISH IT IS HAPPENING IN EUROPE TAKEN OVER BY ISLAM BRACE YOURSELVES for the inevitable

i am coming dont hate me accept me
I think you need some more tinfoil wrapped around your house, 'they're' getting in.

Out of interest, how are you going to force your sons to join you? They don't want to go to NZ and at 18 and 16 are fully within their rights and powers to refuse your promise of idyll.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 11:59 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is funny.

But the fact is there is nothing stopping you from coming here to look for work., as long as you meet the vistors requirements.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...isit/visitors/

Basically, you need to have a return ticket and funds to support yourself. If you have both, then go for it.

Whilst the OP's attitude and outlook is a bit strange, I do not think what they are looking to do is not particularly out of the ordinary. There are lots of jobs you can fall into and score a work permit, truck driving, forestry, winery work, all come to mind.

In cases anyone was wondering, we came over on vistiors visa's, completely clueless to the in and outs of the immigration process, with about $500 to our name. We scored cash in hand jobs, lived on $70/week and stayed in very crappy backpackers for two months. I got a job offer and the work permit was processed in a couple of weeks. Here we are eight years later.

So, OP if you are not a troll, good luck to you and your family.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 12:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Catchafire;10276122
In cases anyone was wondering, we came over on vistiors visa's, completely clueless to the in and outs of the immigration process, with about $500 to our name. We scored cash in hand jobs, lived on $70/week and stayed in very crappy backpackers for two months. [/QUOTE]

It's all obviously worked out for you but presumably you were just lucky that you didn't get caught and lobbed out of the country for breaking the terms of the visitors visa. It's not an avenue that BE can condone or encourage.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 12:15 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catchafire
...We scored cash in hand jobs, lived on $70/week and stayed in very crappy backpackers for two months. I got a job offer and the work permit was processed in a couple of weeks...
So worked illegally?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Miss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud of

Pinks I was having a sucky morning but this has cheered me right up. Thanks crazy lady
Old Sep 12th 2012, 12:20 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but your are wrong.

There is nothing to stop you looking for work and applying for a work permit, once you have entered the country on a vistors visa.

So there was no "luck" involved. Only hard graft and perseverance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.