Worried...

Old Dec 16th 2007, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worried...

Ok, I know its a bit of a silly thing having only been here just over 2 months, but I was out this way last Christmas and missed out on the whole family/friends thing, so am jetting off back to the UK for 2 weeks from Sunday!!

Thats not up for discussion, what is that I'm worried its going to disrupt my settling in quite a bit now, seemed a good idea when I booked the tickets, but now am starting to think about home and family and friends again and am a bit worried that I will be reluctant to jump on that plane to get back out, and when I get here it will be back to square one again...any thoughts??

I am so looking forward to seeing my family and friends, and shops and decent chocolate, and hopefully some snow!!!
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:46 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worried...

Guess you'll just have to play it by ear, so to speak. You never know you might be in the UK and find you're homesick for NZ! I've heard of plenty of others who experienced just that, though have no personal experience as only been here 7 months and no thoughts or plans to visit UK at mo. Have a lovely Christmas, enjoy being with your family and friends and don't worry about it. If it happens, deal with it then.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

My sister was so homesick for her first year, but it took one trip back to realise the memories of home were through rose tinted glasses. She realised the life she had built in NZ was a good one and she hasn't looked back since.

Enjoy your trip over Xmas, safe travelling.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:38 am
Just Joined

SamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Ok, I know its a bit of a silly thing having only been here just over 2 months, but I was out this way last Christmas and missed out on the whole family/friends thing, so am jetting off back to the UK for 2 weeks from Sunday!!

Thats not up for discussion, what is that I'm worried its going to disrupt my settling in quite a bit now, seemed a good idea when I booked the tickets, but now am starting to think about home and family and friends again and am a bit worried that I will be reluctant to jump on that plane to get back out, and when I get here it will be back to square one again...any thoughts??

I am so looking forward to seeing my family and friends, and shops and decent chocolate, and hopefully some snow!!!
I really envy you going back to visit your family, I have only been here for 10 weeks and I do miss my parents and friends. It is a very hard time of year and my daughter misses her old school mates. We are planning a trip back to the UK next Christmas. Have a great time with your family.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you guys, I'm looking forward to it, well apart from the long flights, but it will be weird, still feel like I am living a double life just now!!