World Cup Rugby

Old Nov 17th 2005, 6:55 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Default World Cup Rugby

Just had a txt from my son in NZ telling me NZ will be hosting the Rugby world cup in 2011 so now have my goal set to be home living in NZ before then Great way to start my day but my lovely charming sister brought my world crashing down when she not so gently reminded me of how old I will be when 2011 gets here

Anyway happy to see the world cup competition back in NZ again. Its been a long time since we hosted the first one back in 1987 & I cant wait to go to some games.

Good on you NZ

Cindy
Old Nov 17th 2005, 6:59 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup Rugby

Originally Posted by shepslady
Just had a txt from my son in NZ telling me NZ will be hosting the Rugby world cup in 2011 so now have my goal set to be home living in NZ before then Great way to start my day but my lovely charming sister brought my world crashing down when she not so gently reminded me of how old I will be when 2011 gets here

Anyway happy to see the world cup competition back in NZ again. Its been a long time since we hosted the first one back in 1987 & I cant wait to go to some games.

Good on you NZ

Cindy

Yup - great start to the day It's so exciting and can only be good for the country. to you too Cindy
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:35 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Good on you NZ

Cindy
And we should be citizens by then!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What a result!!!!

Way to go New Zealand!!

Hosting the best game in the world in the best country in the world.

Makes me feel proud and honoured at the same time.

What a result!

Excellent!

Last edited by Nice Guy; Nov 18th 2005 at 12:25 am. Reason: Typo
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

shortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant future

I have told my wife that we now have to emigrate to NZ. I don't think she's worried that she'll become a rugby widow, however, as I'm a Wales fan... and they're not likely to make it to the playoffs!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 12:51 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats...cannot think of a more fitting place for the world cup................except perhaps for the home of Rugby :scared:
Old Nov 18th 2005, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

The Kiwis better get working on the stadium and transport infrastructure then!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 1:24 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukkiwi
We aren't a bunch of idiots we have 6 years to upgrade our stadiums & trust me they will be ready. As for the transport etc excuse me if I feel the urge to extend my middle finger at you One thing at a time & for now its the stadiums that will be the priority. All genuine rugby fans will find some way of getting there regardless of the transport issues & to those wannabes who will jump on the band wagon just because its a world cup game hopefully they will have the initiative to plan ahead.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

We aren't a bunch of idiots we have 6 years to upgrade our stadiums & trust me they will be ready. As for the transport etc excuse me if I feel the urge to extend my middle finger at you One thing at a time & for now its the stadiums that will be the priority. All genuine rugby fans will find some way of getting there regardless of the transport issues & to those wannabes who will jump on the band wagon just because its a world cup game hopefully they will have the initiative to plan ahead.
I never said you were a bunch of idiots - however after that post i may change my mind.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 6:58 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

I usually try to restrain myself in writing but .... Cindy... my sentiments exactly. I hate these one line put downs and tbh it just shows up the person who makes them. I'd hate to be like that - only seeing the negatives. What a horrible state of mind to have.

But, WEHEY! I KNOW I'm going to have visitors that year at least even if I never see them in the meantime I checked my email this morning and already had a request for a bed
Old Nov 18th 2005, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukkiwi
Well Wellington is already sorted, Westpac Trust stadium is fab. Right next to train station and almost brand new.
Well done Kiwi's and will be fixed to the box tomorrow arvo for the big game. Kids have already set out their kit to wear and flag is in the window!
KAZ
Old Nov 18th 2005, 7:13 pm
By name and by nature

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
Well Wellington is already sorted, Westpac Trust stadium is fab. Right next to train station and almost brand new.
Well done Kiwi's and will be fixed to the box tomorrow arvo for the big game. Kids have already set out their kit to wear and flag is in the window!
KAZ
We always did that in Ireland and last week we had both flags flying
Old Nov 18th 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
We always did that in Ireland and last week we had both flags flying
Oh dear! prehaps I'd better take the flag down then cause it didn't help your guys did it :scared:
Just kidding they tried real hard, all Blacks just came out flying. Hope the AB's don't burn out too quick again before the final.
We are off to watch them in Edingburgh next week, really looking forward to it, last time we saw them play was in Rome last Nov.
Any tips on what to do in Edingburgh appreciated, We will have family coming from NZ/Sweden and kids with us.
Go the All Blacks for tom, can't wait!
KAZ
Old Nov 18th 2005, 7:50 pm
By name and by nature

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
Oh dear! prehaps I'd better take the flag down then cause it didn't help your guys did it :scared:

KAZ
No - it didn't do us any good but tbh the only thing that will do any good is to get rid of Eddie O'Sullivan They played like a team from 10 years ago - pre Warren Gatland. No flair or imagination and they were unfit too. They looked flabby in comparison to the ABs. Actually, they played more like a Gaelic football team than a rugby team I live in hope that Fitzy will be enticed over there at some stage Waiting to see now how well they can do against Australia - they've actually brought back in Trevor Brennan who was a big hitter under Gatland but O'Sullivan dropped him and he's been playing in France for a few years now. Hehe - tried to spell Biaritzze (I haven't a clue how it's spelt but that's who he's playing for ) so whilst he's still a good player and it's a good thing he's playing, it just goes to show that they have got nobody up and coming.

Go the ABs tomorrow

I've a couple of friends on another forum from Edinburgh - I'll ask them for suggestions for you.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Batty
I usually try to restrain myself in writing but .... Cindy... my sentiments exactly. I hate these one line put downs and tbh it just shows up the person who makes them. I'd hate to be like that - only seeing the negatives. What a horrible state of mind to have.

But, WEHEY! I KNOW I'm going to have visitors that year at least even if I never see them in the meantime I checked my email this morning and already had a request for a bed
So where's the put down David?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.