Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

World Cup - Merged Threads

World Cup - Merged Threads

Old Jun 18th 2010, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup - Merged Threads

Well US Basketball first item on the radio sports new again tonight and TV NZ's World Cup Highlights package tomorrow on 3 games is squeezed into a half hour slot at 5.30pm because of preceding live netball with 5-10 mins being adverts it leaves alot of time for the action
Old Jun 18th 2010, 10:54 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
yeah got our lads cheering on Mexico inspite of the big lad's first girlfriend being french.....LOL

I'd love to see the face of Platini at the moment, I could almost subscribe to Sky for that .......
His face was a picture
Old Jun 18th 2010, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lardyl
if you have a sat box and Opus D1 is the bird then SBS have it all - I know I've said it before but there coverage is FREE and 24hrs/7days, and the Aussie pundits are not that bad......well maybe, but you'll be watching with the sound off anyway to take out the awful Bee-Flat........
give us a chant instead of those God-awfull trumpets PLEASE!!!!1111
I've got Freeview working from a Sat' Dish, looking at Optus D1 but no sign of a channel called SBS (there's only 15 to look through so I can't be overlooking it).

Nevermind, I've received some suggestions for websites that may be streaming it... I'll find a way to watch it!!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:07 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thedtb
I've got Freeview working from a Sat' Dish, looking at Optus D1 but no sign of a channel called SBS (there's only 15 to look through so I can't be overlooking it).

Nevermind, I've received some suggestions for websites that may be streaming it... I'll find a way to watch it!!
Just googled live streams for said match and a few came up, I'm sure you will find it. (is there not a bar nearby showing it ? )
Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:08 am
Stoke City fanatic

If all else fails ring me at 6.30 and I'll commentate for you
Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
Just googled live streams for said match and a few came up, I'm sure you will find it. (is there not a bar nearby showing it ? )
Yeah - I'm sure I'll find it too.

Not sure about bars... but I want my 5yr old to watch it and I find NZ (particularly Masterton where we've ended up) seriously lacks child-friendly pubs!

Besides, even if there is one, at least I can control the language my 5yr old is subjected to by watching the match at home.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:31 am
Stoke City fanatic

Yeah - I'm sure I'll find it too.

Not sure about bars... but I want my 5yr old to watch it and I find NZ (particularly Masterton where we've ended up) seriously lacks child-friendly pubs!

Besides, even if there is one, at least I can control the language my 5yr old is subjected to by watching the match at home.
Shame but I understand. Pubs in Nelson pretty child friendly but havn't subjected myself to a big sporting event yet with child in tow, hopefully soon though.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:22 pm

pestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the rough

utter crap, overpaid players, maybe they have done a deal with the french to share a plane home.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Official rating of that performance - Shite!!!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pestman
utter crap, overpaid players, maybe they have done a deal with the french to share a plane home.
Hell one thing I agree with you on. It was a disgrace, Gerrard, Rooney and Lampard chokers they deserve to go home.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:37 pm

pestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Hell one thing I agree with you on. It was a disgrace, Gerrard, Rooney and Lampard chokers they deserve to go home.
Hell might freeze over ,I might win lotto or heck I could even find a warm new zealand house but nothing I say nothing will beat the day that me and Mr Mcuddy1 agreed on a topic!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:46 pm
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

well the next time England play i will not bother to waste my time watching

i would rather pick navel fluff out of my belly button than watch this lot.

come on the All Whites at least they try.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:54 pm

what will they do now I wonder as they cant blame the keeper!

Maybe it was the ball this time,yep thats it the ball and of course the weather.

You can tell the teams that really want to be there rather than the ones who think it's their 'right' to progress.

Just look at the USA and alike sure they might not be the greatest but they attack the game with passion.

Last edited by pestman; Jun 18th 2010 at 8:57 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Hell, they're overpaid no doubt, but that's not new.

A poor, poor performance today against Algeria. So few postives, difficult to see who had even a decent game, but there's still one more chance of redemption against Slovenia when only a win will do.

Lampard & Gerrard can not play in the same team, it's been proved time and time again. Drop Lampard, bring Joe Cole in, and surely Heskey can't start again.

Elsewhere Serbia's defeat of Germany opens up that group and even gives the Aussies a second chance if they can have a decent result against Ghana.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
and surely Heskey can't start again.
Takes me back to 2002 7 goals in 59 says it all really.
Agree with the Gerrard/Lampard, combination absolutely awful, but after today I would drop Gerrard, his passing was abysmal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.