Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

World Cup - Merged Threads

World Cup - Merged Threads

Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: World Cup - Merged Threads

I met a very nice Dutchman at the weekend. Does that help?
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:49 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Would that be the species that fly's or wears clogs!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

Originally Posted by BEVS
any score ?
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I think Holland and Germany will make it through.
That would be cool! Hopefully Holland can win
Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:07 pm
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

I'll go with that.. a repeat of the '74 final, love to see Holland do it

(thats my kiss of death then ... a Uruguay Spain final it is then )

... scores -
Holland 3-1
Germany 3-2

Last edited by bga; Jul 5th 2010 at 10:19 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Holland get my vote. A fair hard playing team.

I hope Uruguay lose as a blatant cheat got them through, A penalty goal like in Rugby should have been given.

Also poor Diego is quitting, what a loss to the game, that will be good riddance to a cheating drug taker, a man with no honour and no remorse.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Holland in the final!!
Old Jul 6th 2010, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
I agree except I DO subscribe to the fact the ball made a difference.

All I can say is does anyone think Arie Haan could have scored that 40 yard thunderbolt back in 1978 against Italy with this ball? My guess is it would have passed the space shuttle on it's way into orbit!

I'm not saying that the crap teams (Italy, France - who by the way also played with the WC ball all season, England) would have won games or played any better BUT it is a real shame that the WC has been robbed of the spectacle of long range shooting and that the German players looked like they were used to a very different ball.
couple of long range efforts on target tonight.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 11:02 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
England, Netherlands, New Zealand and North Korea (!)

I' ll let you guess which ones got drawn in the sweepstake

WP
Guess who's smiling
Old Jul 7th 2010, 4:44 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: World Cup - Merged Threads

Originally Posted by karron
couple of long range efforts on target tonight.
Did you give it a go? I was playing with one the other day and it seemed very light (hence prone to changing direction in flight easily). Other than that it seemed OK though, nothing special to justify the silly pricing .
Old Jul 7th 2010, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

or the whinging about it either
Old Jul 10th 2010, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going for Holland in tonight's final, hoping that the Octopus has got it wrong. I take them to win 2-0.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 10:16 pm
THR
Account Closed

THR is an unknown quantity at this point

My gut-reaction is to support the Dutch but I just don't think this Dutch teams deserves the honour which was denied of far superior Dutch teams before them.

When as I don't particularly have any sympathies for Spain but I think their team is far more worthy of the title than the Dutch team.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think the Octopus may be squids in this time. I want Holland to win but I think it will be Spain.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 3:45 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

Saw a couple of the All Whites in action yesterday, made the trip to Hamilton to see Wellington Phoenix playing a warm up game v's Brisbane Roar , 2-1 to Phoenix.. a half decent game ... the striker for Phoenix, Chris Greenacre, is an ex Mansfield Town player.. the last time I saw him in the flesh would have probably been a rainy tuesday night circa 2002 - surreal !! .. anyhow there was a Dutch fan in the pub all decked out making a right old row with a ****** vuvuzela

Last edited by bga; Jul 11th 2010 at 3:48 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.