World Cup 2011

Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of
Default World Cup 2011

Anyone got any plans to move out and rent their house for a stupid amount of money?

I see the Hotels are doing it, I must admit I'm tempted but I want to be here for the World Cup and I'll go watch a few games. Not the big ones unfortunately as they will all be in Auckland.

The whole accomodation things is interesting, personally I think the hotels are being a bit greedy to the detriment of the wider community.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:42 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: World Cup 2011

Originally Posted by bro69
Anyone got any plans to move out and rent their house for a stupid amount of money?

I see the Hotels are doing it, I must admit I'm tempted but I want to be here for the World Cup and I'll go watch a few games. Not the big ones unfortunately as they will all be in Auckland.

The whole accomodation things is interesting, personally I think the hotels are being a bit greedy to the detriment of the wider community.
Hi Just looking to rent out two bedrooms with bathroom on B&B plus meal and a lift to the game, placed it on Face Book.
Will keep you informed how I go.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:13 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bro69

May I ask?
-What detriment?
-Why wouldn't they put their prices up?
-Have you ever seen a city/country hosting WorldCups/Olympic Games & not putting their accommodation prices up? I think it's part of the game... Then again, am not so impartial as I work in hospitality & we have increased our prices a little....

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
Hi Just looking to rent out two bedrooms with bathroom on B&B plus meal and a lift to the game, placed it on Face Book.
Will keep you informed how I go.
Think this is a fab' idea Harrogate!! I guess it's in your own house, right?
I would be thinking/worrying about "who" you will be hosting. Plus you want to get some sort of guarantee/payment. In return, your guest may want some sort of guarantee too from you...
All in all, great idea!!! If I had a large house, I would do this too (since I read your post... never thought about it before!!)
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We will be offering B&B for a reasonable price if the demand is there.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:45 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Can I get industry discount at Mr & Mrs BEVS?? Or is it BEVS' Inn?
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:16 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's a great idea. But I wouldn't be doing it even if Tauranga had got some games, it would involve having to clean the house. Same reason I won't sell.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:18 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ditto reasonable price for me also I understand from the last time, some had put up prices by 50% in Hotels and Motels how bad is that As for an agreement of payment small deposit required full payment on arrival will be required best way to go.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:21 am
Live from CHCH...

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
some had put up prices by 50% in Hotels and Motels how bad is that
Well... I know some hotels in Auckland who are multiplied their prices by 4...

Ours have been multiplied by 2.5 ish.... And if we could build another 100rooms on the roof, they would go!!!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

A neighbour was talking about this only the other day. Rotorua is hosting a few matches and, according to my neighbour, hotel & motel prices have been hiked to such an extent that some tour operators are finding it more affordable to get accomodation in Sydney and fly over for the matches....... Then after the match travel well out of Rotorua. I have no idea how accurate that is but it seems sad if local businesses are doing themselves and our town out of custom simply because of greed.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I well remember us having tickets for a Lions game in Welly. The only accom available for us was a room offered in someone's private house which we found via the Welly tourist information website . Most all of the available accom in Welly was totally booked out. What seemed to be left was the top end accom but we simply couldn't afford it.
We had a heck of a time getting over to Welly as well , either by ferry or flight.

So, I'll offer up a couple of rooms & maybe the sleepout at a basic B&B fee. It could be fun to share with other rugby fans for a few nights.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

CindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone know the best place to advertise accomadation ? we have a self contained unit with 2 beds attatched to our house and like the idea of renting it out over the rugby world cup dates.We live over Howick way so not too far away from the action for any rugby fans out there !!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I'll not be surprised if we suddenly become popular with some mere acquaintances from the past wanting somewhere to stay. One old work colleague was sounding me out about a year ago, saying he was thinking of coming. I haven't heard from him since and if I do, he'll be told where to get off in no uncertain terms.

Remind me, how much is the going rate for bed and breakfast homestay? Perhaps I'll tell him $500 per week should cover it.

I might consider leaving the country for the duration anyway, as I don't think I can bear 24/7 rugby mania.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Mar 16th 2010 at 7:16 am.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by CindyGirl
Does anyone know the best place to advertise accomadation ? we have a self contained unit with 2 beds attatched to our house and like the idea of renting it out over the rugby world cup dates.We live over Howick way so not too far away from the action for any rugby fans out there !!
If it's just for the rugby I'd suggest TradeMe. Pretty sure book a bach or holiday homes would require your property to be available for longer.

I typed in "Rugby World Cup" under To rent in Auckland and 3 already come up, one here.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

CindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: World Cup 2011

Thanks Am Loolah ,thats great .Did think about that originally but couldnt find where to advertise it .Thanks for the link
Old Mar 16th 2010, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by CindyGirl
Thanks Am Loolah ,thats great .Did think about that originally but couldnt find where to advertise it .Thanks for the link
That's ok. If you hold fire a little while we are just working on the holiday accommodation side of our website, plus we get reduced rates as a rental agency on TradeMe so I'm trying to come up with some kind of package deal for BE members with regards to this event.

I'll keep you posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.