Working in OZ

Old Apr 15th 2012, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of
Default Working in OZ

Looking at gaining Citizenship this year and may take off to work/ live in Oz for a while... just a though at the moment. Looking at the Citizenship application it staes that you cannot use your Citizenshio to live in another country. Is this true and how do they govern it?
Thanks
Old Apr 15th 2012, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Dumbledore has much to be proud ofDumbledore has much to be proud ofDumbledore has much to be proud ofDumbledore has much to be proud ofDumbledore has much to be proud ofDumbledore has much to be proud ofDumbledore has much to be proud ofDumbledore has much to be proud ofDumbledore has much to be proud ofDumbledore has much to be proud ofDumbledore has much to be proud of
Default Re: Working in OZ

I don't think thy monitor this !!! If so what about all the Kiwis in Oz ? I had my NZ citizenship for 6 years before I first went to Oz and no probs
Old Apr 15th 2012, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frenchy
Looking at gaining Citizenship this year and may take off to work/ live in Oz for a while... just a though at the moment. Looking at the Citizenship application it staes that you cannot use your Citizenshio to live in another country. Is this true and how do they govern it?
Thanks
You cannot use your citizenship, you can use a passport which you can apply for when you get citizenship.

I presume that is what they are saying.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 4:04 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Don't tell 'em that you are going to bugger off to the land of plenty (men at work song), or you'll never get your citizenship. Just tick the "i'm so happy to be here, I'm never going to leave" box!

Last edited by sparkie down under; Apr 16th 2012 at 4:26 am. Reason: must learn to speel
Old Apr 16th 2012, 4:12 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
Don't tell 'em that you are going to bugger off to the land of plenty (mean at work song), or you'll never get your citizenship. Just tick the "i'm so happy to be here, I'm never going to leave" box!
Old Apr 16th 2012, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Working in OZ

Agree, do not tell them you are intending to use the citizenship to gain a NZ passport to live in Oz.

It is a real no no.

A friend of mine happened to mention to the citizenship people that she was intending to live/work in Oz and..........her citizenship was declined.

The citizenship ceremony was nice though, people were asked to stay until the end of the ceremony, most waited until they shook hands with the Mayor, gathered their citizenship certificate and then buggered off.

I suspect the majority are now elsewhere and Oz to be the principle destination.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Agree, do not tell them you are intending to use the citizenship to gain a NZ passport to live in Oz.

It is a real no no.

A friend of mine happened to mention to the citizenship people that she was intending to live/work in Oz and..........her citizenship was declined.

The citizenship ceremony was nice though, people were asked to stay until the end of the ceremony, most waited until they shook hands with the Mayor, gathered their citizenship certificate and then buggered off.

I suspect the majority are now elsewhere and Oz to be the principle destination.
I doubt people are stupid enough to mention they want citizenship so they can bugger off to Oz
Old Apr 16th 2012, 4:44 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Me - when I can afford the thousand or what ever it is now, I'll have the kiwi flag sticking out of every orifice, a Tui in one hand and a Speights in the other, I'll even sing the lousy national anthem in Maori. (after all all you have to do is sing the vowels - A - E -O - I), i'll even say I love the queen, God bless you marrrm tug my forelock and all, but I won't tell them about the land of plenty
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Working in OZ

Originally Posted by love30stm
I doubt people are stupid enough to mention they want citizenship so they can bugger off to Oz
For my friend it was during a casual conversation over the phone with the citizenship people.

By the way my friend is a highly intelligent, articulate individual with an enchanting and engaging personality, but on this occasional she dropped her guard.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Howick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant future

Bit like me with my British passport. Never told 'em anything, got the passport & can do what i need to do in the EU....and never have to set foot in that s**hole otherwise known as the UK.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
For my friend it was during a casual conversation over the phone with the citizenship people.

By the way my friend is a highly intelligent, articulate individual with an enchanting and engaging personality, but on this occasional she dropped her guard.
Oh really? What happened? Btw we only want our citizenship for Oz
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howick
Bit like me with my British passport. Never told 'em anything, got the passport & can do what i need to do in the EU....and never have to set foot in that s**hole otherwise known as the UK.
Really annoyed that my hubby didn't grab a UK passport before we came back to NZ. I still dream about a home in the South of France.
I do miss friends and family (sometimes) but the only thing I really miss about the UK is it's proximity to France and Italy.
Kaz
Old Apr 17th 2012, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babybella
Really annoyed that my hubby didn't grab a UK passport before we came back to NZ. I still dream about a home in the South of France.
I do miss friends and family (sometimes) but the only thing I really miss about the UK is it's proximity to France and Italy.
Kaz
It isn't an issue though, if you have a British passport, European law entitles your spouse to live with you in any European country with an EU Citizen spouse visa.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
Just tick the "i'm so happy to be here, I'm never going to leave" box!
If you say it over and over and over again, click your heels together it may even come true.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
It isn't an issue though, if you have a British passport, European law entitles your spouse to live with you in any European country with an EU Citizen spouse visa.
He's only got an NZ passport, he could of got UK citizenship before we left, did the english language test n everything but never completed the process. So all he has is a returning resident visa which expires if he is out of the country for more than 2 years.
Kaz