British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Working for NZ council (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/working-nz-council-925052/)

Andygall85 May 18th 2019 6:41 am

Working for NZ council

Hi guys . Is there any member out their works for a new Zealand council ?? If so can you answer if
good place to work ?
career opportunities?
career progression?
good working conditions ?
work life balance ?

thanks guys

BEVS May 18th 2019 6:56 am

Re: Working for NZ council

Originally Posted by Andygall85 (Post 12685301)
Hi guys . Is there any member out their works for a new Zealand council ?? If so can you answer if
good place to work ?
career opportunities?
career progression?
good working conditions ?
work life balance ?

thanks guys

To be honest. This is a bit vague in a way.

Plenty of folk are civil servants. I know several.

Which occupation for starters.

Andygall85 May 18th 2019 7:02 am

No disrespect but don't comment on my post if it isn't relevant to you . This is the 2nd post you've questioned . You must be bored this Saturday evening

BEVS May 18th 2019 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Andygall85 (Post 12685311)
No disrespect but don't comment on my post if it isn't relevant to you . This is the 2nd post you've questioned . You must be bored this Saturday evening

OK. Even though this is absolutely my niche and what I know inside out and upside down and so therefore relevant to you, I am out.

Shame really as I am perhaps one of the only people that could have actually advised and helped with this in any way, shape ,size or form. I would have done that from a position of not just myself but from the many tradies , plumbers/gasfitters/drainlayers and also council civil servants & the variety of inspectors that we know, having lived here for a fair time now.

I'll leave it with you.

Best of.

christmasoompa May 18th 2019 9:56 am

This is the 2nd post you've questioned . You must be bored this Saturday evening

Or perhaps it's simply that BEVS, who gives up a ridiculous amount of time to help others on this forum, was actually looking to help you and asking a pertinent question so that she could do so.

:blink:

Pollyana May 18th 2019 10:21 am

You really have no idea how this works do you? If there was one person on the NZ forum guaranteed to provide good info on areas to live, plumbing jobs and contacts, and local council employment.... ah well, too late now.