Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Working near to the University...Where to live?

Working near to the University...Where to live?

Old Sep 11th 2012, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

qssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really nice
Red face Working near to the University...Where to live?

Hi, Further to my recent post regarding schools, I have discovered that I could be working just north of the University, near Beach Road. I would commute up to 40 minutes if necessary. We currently live in the countryside (Gloucestershire) and would be looking for a 5 bed or 4 bed + sleepout that has at least 1/4 acre to rent. We need to be in a really good school zone as my little girl is very bright. I feel that I am going round in circles and would really appreciate some advice, time is running out and I am now starting to panic! Thanks for any help.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working near to the University...Where to live?

'The University' - which one, there are several here in NZ?
Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

qssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really nice

Sorry !!!! Auckland!
Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

westie1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure what your budget is but Remuera would be the best option.
Parnell as well but that may cost even more, probably smaller sections to.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

HI,
We are looking for rental of $500 - $700 per week? Does anyone have any idea bout schools in the area?
Old Sep 11th 2012, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

4 bed might be a push at that price but have a look around realestate.co.nz
checkout http://www.rps.school.nz/enrolment.htm
lists the streets in the zone
I would imagine all the primary schools would be suitable in the area.

Last edited by westie1234; Sep 11th 2012 at 4:12 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

http://www.realestate.co.nz/1860087
Old Sep 11th 2012, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you x
Old Sep 11th 2012, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

Beach road where? there are 3 universities in Auckland Massey, AUT and UOA
I live in otrbay and commute to UOA Grafton I do leave early and drive but I always do it in 20-25 mins Okura which is the next suburb up would give you the countryside, also there is a direct bus from the shore to UOA main campus and Grafton takes 40 mins runs reguarly this actually starts in Torbay

UOA also has another campus at Tamaki and AUT at Nothcots so you need to be sure where
Old Sep 11th 2012, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
It is around Beach Road and Anzac avenue.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

So basically you want to know where is 40 minutes commute from Auckland CBD.
It helps if you give more info in your posts as we read a lot and cant remember all of yours.
You can get from the CBD to just about anywhere in Auckland or the north shore within 40 minutes.
There are ferry's that run every 10 -15 minutes from Devonport, Stanley Point, Birkenhead and Gulf harbour.
There are lots of threads about commuting times and areas to live in.

Last edited by Justcol; Sep 11th 2012 at 9:13 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Titirangi is a 30 minute commute and is a lot greener and bigger plots.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

If I was working Parnell, Beach Road, Anzac Avenue I would look Eastwards rather than coming from North or West into and out of town on the other side. It's a bit of a trek from the CBD if you were thinking of ferries, trains or Buses into Britomart. Depending on how you fare moneywise, you could look at Mission Bay, St Heliers
Old Sep 13th 2012, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

Having distinguished you are on the main campus my comments still apply, I have a collegue in the Science faculty who lives on the gulf peninsula which is lovely and catches the ferry to Britomart and walks th short distance the ferry is 45 mins however you get a lot for your money out there. I also have another who works with me and drives from the same place it takes her an hour. The posiiblities are endless to be honest I would recommend you get the 'Where to live in Auckland' book and spend some time driving around upon your arrival as areas have different feel
Old Sep 13th 2012, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Red face Re: Working near to the University...Where to live?

Thank you, it is all a bit chicken and egg in a way and I am probably more worried about getting the schooling wrong! My kids are 3 and 7, the 7 year old is very bright and I do not want the move to jeopordize her education, I want her life enhanced! We visited in July, but we were there only a short time, so it was difficult to get a feel for anywhere. Looking on maps and on realestate NZ website is just throwing me into a fit of sheer panic. Perhaps I need to chill abit and go with the flow ...... no, on second thoughts, I need to get things sorted in a control freak kind of way!!!
All very daunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.