Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Working Holiday Visa Question

Working Holiday Visa Question

Old Feb 4th 2012, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Working Holiday Visa Question

I am asking on behalf of someone else regarding a WHV, but can you enter NZ on the standard UK passport and stay for the allowable 6 months, then apply for a WHV and get a continuation of 23 months from that point i.e. a total stay of 29 months?

I have look at the immigration website but it is not clear and wondered if anyone else had any experience of this.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Holiday Visa Question

Originally Posted by Robbo25
I am asking on behalf of someone else regarding a WHV, but can you enter NZ on the standard UK passport and stay for the allowable 6 months, then apply for a WHV and get a continuation of 23 months from that point i.e. a total stay of 29 months?

I have look at the immigration website but it is not clear and wondered if anyone else had any experience of this.
No you cant!
You have to be outside NZ when you apply for a 12/23 month WHV but
you can apply for an extension of the 12 month one after you arrive here.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 1:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

No is the answer to this.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 6:30 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...idayscheme.htm

According to the NZIS website, it is possible to apply from within NZ.

So I would say, Yes is the answer to this question.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to follow up on this the advice thus far from NZIS is that you can come on the UK passport and then apply for a WHV over and above your 6 month entitlement. The WHV is classed as a work visa so the two are separate classes and independent of each other.