Reload this Page >

Working holiday visa?

Working holiday visa?

Old Jul 10th 2017, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

WildfireV2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working holiday visa?

Hey guys,

I'm currently on my IEC visa in Canada, got just under a year left on it & looking at activating a working holiday visa for New Zealand, Auckland specifically afterwards, as a backup if I am unable to get PR for Canada.

Just wanted to ask a few quick questions about the WHV for NZ:

- I read that you need to have $350 for each month you want to stay there, so they actually expect you to have $8,000 if you want the full 23 month visa?

- Is there a certain time of year when you can apply for this visa (Being from the UK)... Like with the IEC, it was in January and the quota went within 10 mins.

- How difficult is getting the equivalent PR for New Zealand, compared to the Canadian process?

And apart from those, just any general feedback from people that have been there on the WHV visa would be great
Old Jul 11th 2017, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working holiday visa?

Originally Posted by WildfireV2
- I read that you need to have $350 for each month you want to stay there, so they actually expect you to have $8,000 if you want the full 23 month visa?

- Is there a certain time of year when you can apply for this visa (Being from the UK)... Like with the IEC, it was in January and the quota went within 10 mins.

- How difficult is getting the equivalent PR for New Zealand, compared to the Canadian process?

And apart from those, just any general feedback from people that have been there on the WHV visa would be great
Yes Immigration does expect you to have evidence of sufficient equivalent funds for the full term of the visa.

You can apply for WHV from the UK at any time. There is an unlimited number available.

No idea how the Resident Visa process compares between NZ and Canada. All I know is it is not easy to secure RV in NZ unless you meet all the conditions, your medical is good and you score sufficient points on the EOI that you can justify with written evidence.

Unable to comment on being here on WHV. We came in with RV via Skilled Migrant Category.