Working Holiday

Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:55 am
Just Joined

caramel22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working Holiday

Hiya,

My boyfriend and I have just graduated from university and thinking of moving to New Zealand, possibly on a permanent basis. We were thinking of going out there on a working holiday visa, seeking work, and hopefully gaining sponsorship or a job offer that will enable to us to gain a long term visa.

Has anyone done this and if so how did it go? Or is/has anyone in or been in a similar situation? And is there a strong possibility of this actually happening?!

Any hints or tips??

Thanks
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:19 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Working Holiday

Kia Ora and welcome to our little NZ forum. I'm bunging you some karma points to get you started.

Have you looked at BUNAC ? It seems a good way to have the chance to look a country over.

This is the link to the NZIS Working Holiday visa section which you have probably already seen.

If you want to come to New Zealand to experience the country for up to two years by living and working here, I can't see any problems for you both.

If you then decide it is a place for you to stay permanently , then you would look at whether you have the skills etc. that NZ wants.

Should you decide you would like to stay longer than maybe two years, you could remain living and working here under a temporary work permit. Depending on the skill set , the employer may have to prove that there is no NZ resident for the work.

If I was you at your age though, I would be thinking about pinging around a few countries first to see which one might suit me best long-term but then that's just me and I'm far too old now

...edited here...

actually, I am going to move this into the main forum for you for a while. More people will see it there & some of 'em may know about this or have done it themselves.

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 14th 2008 at 11:22 pm. Reason: add a bit