Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Work Wear / Interviews

Work Wear / Interviews

Old Jan 10th 2010, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default Work Wear / Interviews

So everyone, whats the usual work wear around here and what would you wear for an interview? I have an interview with an agency on Wednesday so just wanted to check.

Back at home I just wore trousers and a shirt to work, no tie and for an interview I would wear a full suit & tie.

Over here what is the norm to wear for an interview, be it at an agency or a job? Would it be suit and tie as usual?

My job is an IT Systems Administrator.

Thx!
Old Jan 10th 2010, 10:59 pm
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Work Wear / Interviews

Originally Posted by AndyR
So everyone, whats the usual work wear around here and what would you wear for an interview? I have an interview with an agency on Wednesday so just wanted to check.

Back at home I just wore trousers and a shirt to work, no tie and for an interview I would wear a full suit & tie.

Over here what is the norm to wear for an interview, be it at an agency or a job? Would it be suit and tie as usual?

My job is an IT Systems Administrator.

Thx!
Hi there
I went for a interview with a agency just wear smart casual for the agency
interview that's also what the interviewer was wearing.
But for job interviews I have gone in my suit even when its been hot.
The people at my interviews were all wearing casual clothing i felt a bit overdressed but i wouldn't go to a interview not wearing a suit first impressions and all that.
Good luck
Old Jan 10th 2010, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

i asked this question a while ago for OH - advice was all go suited and booted, which he did and was absolutely the right thing to do (office based work at least).... of course, he now just works in jeans and a shirt, but the suit was right for the interviews
Old Jan 24th 2010, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stoof
i asked this question a while ago for OH - advice was all go suited and booted, which he did and was absolutely the right thing to do (office based work at least).... of course, he now just works in jeans and a shirt, but the suit was right for the interviews
Just to finish the thread off.

Went to agency interview suited and booted which was def the right choice as everyone else was. Went to a job interview suited and booted, again right choice, must have been as I got offered the job!!!

Start work tomorrow
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:51 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AndyR
Just to finish the thread off.

Went to agency interview suited and booted which was def the right choice as everyone else was. Went to a job interview suited and booted, again right choice, must have been as I got offered the job!!!

Start work tomorrow
God well done good luck
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
God well done good luck
Thanks! So happy at the minute!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:10 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=AndyR;8276678]Thanks! So happy at the minute![/
WELL DONE
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR FIRST DAY
Old Jan 24th 2010, 7:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Andy