British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Work Visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/work-visa-463719/)

rockape Jul 5th 2007 7:39 am

Work Visa

Hi All,
Well I have now got round to post my papers for my visa, so if everything goes to plan.
Will be out by the end of August,and should have accommodation sorted and starting to settle in by the time September starts.
And before anyone ask's I got offered work of the phone, they asked me to phone them for a general chat, and then after 2 days they offered me the job.
I asked if they were going to interview me and they said they already have, opp's and I thought I said some stuff I shouldn't.
But there again they want to see how you are with no pressure or nerves getting in the way.

So like I have said before to others out there, if you see a job go for it and ignore the words (only apply if you have permision to work) at the end of any jobs.

Good Luck to all who try.

Regards

eileen35 Jul 5th 2007 7:49 am

Re: Work Visa

well done and good luck.Hope the move goes well for you
what part are you heading for?
Eileen x

rockape Jul 5th 2007 8:09 am

Thanks Eileen, I'm going to be working in and around the Kapiti coastal area, thats after my initial 4-8 weeks in the workshop.
And the company is going to supply accommodation for 4 weeks and also transport,so if I don't say so myself I landed on my feet.:thumbup:

Regards

rockape Jul 5th 2007 8:11 am

Opp's sorry should say thats the Wellington area, for those not up on there geogaraphy.

Regards

Maz Jul 5th 2007 8:13 am

Well congrats! :thumbup: Do you have a job offer in your hand (paper or fax)? Do you have your police checks done? Those will certainly help you get a work permit. Congrats again! :thumbup:

RedMonsk Jul 5th 2007 8:24 am

Originally Posted by rockape (Post 5011087)
Hi All,
Well I have now got round to post my papers for my visa, so if everything goes to plan.
Will be out by the end of August,and should have accommodation sorted and starting to settle in by the time September starts.
And before anyone ask's I got offered work of the phone, they asked me to phone them for a general chat, and then after 2 days they offered me the job.
I asked if they were going to interview me and they said they already have, opp's and I thought I said some stuff I shouldn't.
But there again they want to see how you are with no pressure or nerves getting in the way.

So like I have said before to others out there, if you see a job go for it and ignore the words (only apply if you have permision to work) at the end of any jobs.

Regards

Congratulations, I hope the move goes well!

Good to know that it is possible for OH to get a job over the job. Will give it try when we are in a position to 'just go!'. :thumbsup:

rockape Jul 5th 2007 8:32 am

Thanks All,
I have all my paper work sorted, but the polce check took longer as the local police station I had to send it to forgot to send it to Scotland Yard but that is the only delay I have had apart from just coming back of a weeks holiday.
I got work referances of all the people I have worked for,for the past 4 years, which will help a lot as they need evidence of work experiances.

regards

julesnye Jul 5th 2007 10:22 am

Originally Posted by rockape (Post 5011087)
Hi All,

Regards

what sort of job is it?;)

rockape Jul 5th 2007 12:21 pm

The job is a Locksmith, and no its not on any short listings as the company applyed to immergration to take me on as there was no one skilled applying for the post.

regards

suzi n steve Jul 5th 2007 12:42 pm

Congrats on the job! Good to know there will be another ex RAF bod out there. :thumbup:

Suzi

ceri75 Jul 5th 2007 12:46 pm

Congratulations to you Rockape :thumbup:

lardyl Jul 5th 2007 12:48 pm

Good on ya - hope you get a nice plate like some of the Armstrongs guys in their big yellow vans around here -
L0KSMTH, KEEKUT or something like that!!

rockape Jul 5th 2007 12:52 pm

don'y know lardy, tell you when i get out there.LOL

regards

julesnye Jul 5th 2007 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by rockape (Post 5012412)
The job is a Locksmith, and no its not on any short listings as the company applyed to immergration to take me on as there was no one skilled applying for the post.

regards

Maybe I should retrain as a locksmith then as I'm getting the usual let us know when your here.:(