Work Visa

Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:15 pm
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future
Default Work Visa

Hi

Looking for a little info. I have been offered a job in Auckland as a Quantity Surveyor which I have no degree for but have been doing now for over 15 years. I have been totally honest and upfront with all this to everyone.

My worry is that I don't get accepted because I don't have my degree, am I just worrying unduly or should I be worried this may hinder my application?

I have also applied for a Work Visa as the company i am going to have requested I get there asap, I will apply for my EOI and hopefully PR before I leave the UK, but going for Work Visa for quickness at the moment.

How long does it usually take for a Work Permit to be awarded?

Thank you in advance?
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Work Visa

Originally Posted by theduke
Hi

Looking for a little info. I have been offered a job in Auckland as a Quantity Surveyor which I have no degree for but have been doing now for over 15 years. I have been totally honest and upfront with all this to everyone.

My worry is that I don't get accepted because I don't have my degree, am I just worrying unduly or should I be worried this may hinder my application?

I have also applied for a Work Visa as the company i am going to have requested I get there asap, I will apply for my EOI and hopefully PR before I leave the UK, but going for Work Visa for quickness at the moment.

How long does it usually take for a Work Permit to be awarded?

Thank you in advance?
Your easiest and quickest solution may be to get a talent visa, ask if your employer is accredited. Not sure about getting PR if you do not have a degree, look at the NZIS website about that. With a talent visa you can get PR after two years, but can apply on your own in NZ if before then if you qualify.

My Talent Visa took two weeks from the day the application was lodged.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:28 pm
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Work Visa

Originally Posted by newkiwi
Your easiest and quickest solution may be to get a talent visa, ask if your employer is accredited. Not sure about getting PR if you do not have a degree, look at the NZIS website about that. With a talent visa you can get PR after two years, but can apply on your own in NZ if before then if you qualify.

My Talent Visa took two weeks from the day the application was lodged.

Thanks newkiwi, I really dont want to be tied to an employer for 2 years, for no reason other than having piece of mind that I can move if things are not as I was told.