Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Work to Residence visa

Work to Residence visa

Old Dec 19th 2006, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Work to Residence visa

Good news: my Skilled Worker visa can be issued a mere 3 weeks after being assigned a case officer. Bad news, it's a Work to Residence Visa. So I've got to work in a job above $55K for three months in the next six.

Anyone know if the duty-free importing of personal effects works for a Work to Residence Visa as well Permanent Residence?

K.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 10:14 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work to Residence visa

Originally Posted by kt0157
Good news: my Skilled Worker visa can be issued a mere 3 weeks after being assigned a case officer. Bad news, it's a Work to Residence Visa. So I've got to work in a job above $55K for three months in the next six.

Anyone know if the duty-free importing of personal effects works for a Work to Residence Visa as well Permanent Residence?

K.

I'm afraid I have no answer for you but in the Xmas spirit (HAPPY XMAS!) I thought I would reply and bump you thread to the top the list!
Enjoy!
Karen B
Old Dec 24th 2006, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

K.
Ok MR BMW Man
I hope you are not jumping the Queues this Chrissy. I have read on another forum you will not be taxed , only people without a or under a 12 month work visa will be taxed so you should be ok.
Cheers
Old Dec 24th 2006, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Ok MR BMW Man
I hope you are not jumping the Queues this Chrissy. I have read on another forum you will not be taxed , only people without a or under a 12 month work visa will be taxed so you should be ok.
Cheers
The customs people wrote to me and said I'd be taxed on my car.

K.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

The customs people wrote to me and said I'd be taxed on my car.

K.
Quite right to BMW's should pay double inport tax.!!!!!!!!I think you also have to pay for the car to be type approved . ie origional make brake pads and a host of other silly little things.
Cheers