British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   work to residence (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/work-residence-484138/)

delbert007 Sep 28th 2007 4:57 pm

work to residence
 
Hello,

On a work to residence visa can you apply for family tax credits.
I am asking because I have 3 children,it`s a big loss if you can`t.
What`s the pension system in New Zealand?Do employees make contributions?

Cheers

littleal Sep 28th 2007 6:19 pm

Re: work to residence
 

Originally Posted by delbert007 (Post 5365155)
Hello,

On a work to residence visa can you apply for family tax credits.
I am asking because I have 3 children,it`s a big loss if you can`t.
What`s the pension system in New Zealand?Do employees make contributions?

Cheers

Pensions depend on your employer but the main thing is Kiwisaver which requires PR.

Alison

happynz Sep 28th 2007 6:26 pm

Re: work to residence
 

Originally Posted by delbert007 (Post 5365155)
Hello,

On a work to residence visa can you apply for family tax credits.
I am asking because I have 3 children,it`s a big loss if you can`t.

Nope, sorry. You need to be a resident. I suggest you get that Pr as soon as you can, especially with three kids.

Originally Posted by delbert007 (Post 5365155)
What`s the pension system in New Zealand?Do employees make contributions?

Cheers

There is Kiwisaver as mentioned above. It's quite a new scheme where you will need to ask your employer many questions and it is likely your employer won't know either. It sounds OK from what I have heard, but there are lots of things I don't know about it.
Otherwise, there is the superannuation that one gets after age sixty-five. For this you need to work here for ten years, five of these ten years after age fifty. As it stands now if you are single you'll nett NZ$190 a week or if you are a couple you'll get NZ$380 a week nett. I think that is how it works.

delbert007 Sep 28th 2007 6:37 pm

Re: work to residence
 

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 5365488)
Nope, sorry. You need to be a resident. I suggest you get that Pr as soon as you can, especially with three kids.
There is Kiwisaver as mentioned above. It's quite a new scheme where you will need to ask your employer many questions and it is likely your employer won't know either. It sounds OK from what I have heard, but there are lots of things I don't know about it.
Otherwise, there is the superannuation that one gets after age sixty-five. For this you need to work here for ten years, five of these ten years after age fifty. As it stands now if you are single you'll nett NZ$190 a week or if you are a couple you'll get NZ$380 a week nett. I think that is how it works.

Hi,

thanks for the answers.
Looks like I`ll have to persuade my prospective employer the resident route.
They have offered me the Work to Residence,they say it`s quicker however by the time i have sold the house etc I reckon I`ll have permanent residence.
They have been stung in the past.They have taken people on from the Uk,once they arrive they bugger off.They are being cautious but I guess that they shall have to trust me.

pangor Sep 28th 2007 9:38 pm

Re: work to residence
 

Originally Posted by delbert007 (Post 5365155)
Hello,

On a work to residence visa can you apply for family tax credits.
I am asking because I have 3 children,it`s a big loss if you can`t.
What`s the pension system in New Zealand?Do employees make contributions?

Cheers

Correct me if I am wrong, but unless you have PR I think you will have to pay for schooling, doctors, dentists etc for the children. This is why we got PR before coming over. Might be a good reason to run past your employer.

peter

luvwelly Sep 28th 2007 10:16 pm

Re: work to residence
 

Originally Posted by pangor (Post 5366189)
Correct me if I am wrong, but unless you have PR I think you will have to pay for schooling, doctors, dentists etc for the children. This is why we got PR before coming over. Might be a good reason to run past your employer.
peter

Not quite.....if you have a work visa but not PR these are all covered for the duration of the validity of your visa....that's why a 6 year old child's visa is a 'student visa'.

Not sure of the position if you come over on a tourist visa though..think what you say would then apply.

Getting PR in advance has the benefit that you don't have to repeat the visa forms and medicals again further down the line...and maybe you can vote...we definitely can't just on a work visa in the first year of arrival. Anyone else know the rules on voting rights?

P2L Sep 29th 2007 12:31 am

Re: work to residence
 

Originally Posted by delbert007 (Post 5365544)
Hi,

thanks for the answers.
Looks like I`ll have to persuade my prospective employer the resident route.
They have offered me the Work to Residence,they say it`s quicker however by the time i have sold the house etc I reckon I`ll have permanent residence.
They have been stung in the past.They have taken people on from the Uk,once they arrive they bugger off.They are being cautious but I guess that they shall have to trust me.



Who is paying for your Visa application?? Surely it is YOUR choice, what route you choose to enter NZ by?? :unsure::confused::unsure:

delbert007 Sep 29th 2007 1:00 pm

Re: work to residence
 

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 5366564)
Who is paying for your Visa application?? Surely it is YOUR choice, what route you choose to enter NZ by?? :unsure::confused::unsure:

Hi,

I need a offer of employment to gain adequate points(125 without offer).No job no New Zealand.
I`ll be paying but if the employer is not prepared to wait, there`s no job!

delbert007 Sep 29th 2007 1:14 pm

Re: work to residence
 
Hi again,

As my previous post stated I have 125 points without job offer.
Anyone gained residence visa with these points.
I am a skilled tradesman with my occupation on the LTSS list with trade qualifications.

Ta

P2L Sep 29th 2007 8:40 pm

Re: work to residence
 

Originally Posted by delbert007 (Post 5367813)
Hi again,

As my previous post stated I have 125 points without job offer.
Anyone gained residence visa with these points.
I am a skilled tradesman with my occupation on the LTSS list with trade qualifications.

Ta

This is the latest selection from the pool, from 26th September

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...tion260907.htm

There have been a couple of people recently that have beeen selected with less than 140 points and no job offer.


If you have 125 points and no job offer at the moment, there is nothing to stop you beginning the process. You can submit your EOI for around £100 and even if selected, you have 4 months from the date of receiving your ITA to submit the paperwork. So no need to fork out for the medicals until you need them. Police checks will only cost you £10 per person and are valid for 6 months.

Surely a prospective employer would be interested in someone who has already started the process :unsure: The requirements for your paperwork is exactly the same.

There are lots of people on here who have taken up to 6 months to get out to fulfill a job. My BIL has a WTR visa at the moment, but their house has not sold. His employer has told him, that they will keep his job open.

Hope that helps you.


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:07 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.